3DCoat Forums

Hover train

allexr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

okay
I rested a bit but not disappeared , I worked in the wagon of the train

some details will still need a wagon but not the most important part of the picture

day18_03.png

day18_04.pngday18_02.png

Edited by allexr
  • Like 8

Hey, can I just say, please make some renderings without the chromatic abarration, I effing' hate that effect. =)

(Otherwise, this is my favorite in the competition so far.)

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, AgentSam said:

Hey, can I just say, please make some renderings without the chromatic abarration, I effing' hate that effect. =)

(Otherwise, this is my favorite in the competition so far.)

Roger :rofl:
im glad you honored :thank_you:

day18_01.jpg

Edited by allexr
  • Like 5

allexr, I am impressed and am very much looking forward to videos of your sculpting process. I've got some questions and hope they are not too noobylike repetitive:

1) did you retopo the sculpt?

2) how did you establish the basic shapes? i guess that you took individual parts (layers) and merged them.

3) how did you create the ornamental shapes? detailled sculpting, alpha brush?

• Advanced Member
41 minutes ago, Dobby said:

allexr, I am impressed and am very much looking forward to videos of your sculpting process. I've got some questions and hope they are not too noobylike repetitive:

1) did you retopo the sculpt?

2) how did you establish the basic shapes? i guess that you took individual parts (layers) and merged them.

3) how did you create the ornamental shapes? detailled sculpting, alpha brush?

1) If you have time, yes, but often too complex to form. this time it is no time

2) I not fully understand the question. I do it mostly cut tool and voxhide tool, where there should be merged together but I use a lot of layers to separate elements. It depends on situation

3) ornaments? sculpt! detailed sculpting mainly in surface mode. i use a pinch tool with required brush shape(alpha)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Kargall said:

Very interesting. Rendered with marmoset also ?

not marmoset.. Render in blender

next preview

Photographing the monitor on my phone :) when the blender rendering :D

WP_20160731_00_28_00_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Try to stick with setting up environment more than doing previews. I think that adding a proper hfri map is more sufficient than adding those black towers. I think that overall interior is looking good. 

Try to add more contrast lighting by deleting flood lights and adding fallof lights on columns bottom. Try to mix with cool and warm lighting to add a mysterious feeling to it.

In my opinion, this angar has to be way darker with warm lights on columns, and cold light from under the train. An environment hdri map can be either cold or harm with sun lighting from top left portion. But i think that warm colors are better.

I also think that place where people stand can be lighted more irregulary. Think of it as it was non perfect steampunk lighting with round pattern on the floor. It can be reached by adding neutral ies lighting of around 4500 kelvin

Thanks

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Vladukenzo said:

Try to stick with setting up environment more than doing previews. I think that adding a proper hfri map is more sufficient than adding those black towers. I think that overall interior is looking good. 

Try to add more contrast lighting by deleting flood lights and adding fallof lights on columns bottom. Try to mix with cool and warm lighting to add a mysterious feeling to it.

In my opinion, this angar has to be way darker with warm lights on columns, and cold light from under the train. An environment hdri map can be either cold or harm with sun lighting from top left portion. But i think that warm colors are better.

I also think that place where people stand can be lighted more irregulary. Think of it as it was non perfect steampunk lighting with round pattern on the floor. It can be reached by adding neutral ies lighting of around 4500 kelvin

Thanks

It has been better ?

prerender_01.png

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Irregular light means it has to be with some honey color. Ies must be wider and briighter. Try to find more complex ies profile. hdri is breety ok but it is better to be above the platz. on the other hand , it has to light on train to make its side to glow. It is okey that you have lighten the engines, but give some kind of bright blue light way down under the train/ I mean those big black holes

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

the environment blocking in blender, detailing and texturing in 3d-coat

but i think that the modeling environment is not important since it is made :blush:
the name of the competition: Steampunk Vehicle
the 100% vehicle model modeling/sculpting in 3D-COAT, not use any external 3d modeler  :boast:

Edited by allexr
  • Like 1