3DCoat Forums

Steampunk flying vehicle

Fabrice

• Contributor

Very nice! I see the red non-uniform notice; it would be prudent to right click the volume and choose To Uniform Space. Your design looks like something to traverse uneven terrain with the propellers used to stabilize and assist in long jumps with softer landings. It would make a fun animation.

• Like 1

Hi to all,

Here is a first test for the final image. It miss the pilot near of his steam machine yet but I think that I will have enough time to sculpt it before the deadline. Everything was done in 3D Coat and rendered in the render room.

Final_test1.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I like your work a lot. imho, the background in this composition makes difficult to see the Mech itself (many similar details). I would suggest to try another camera angle/placement or even another composition.

Once again - Good job!!!

Hi Daniel and thank you for your comment.:)  I agree with you, the vehicle is not enough visible. Here is the last image I thought to present for my final entry but I will try to improve it for a better visibility. It isn't easy because the scene is huge and my ram memory is full. The final entry resolution will be 3840 x 2036.

final7_800..png
I made a SketchFab presentation with very low resolution textures because the file must be less than 50 Mo but I have not publish it yet.

• Like 1

Yes dimitribastos, I made a few changes. An other angle for the Mech and changes in the composition with a bit of depth of field, gold rays as Tony said. I played a little with colors and luminosity. The smoke was painted in Krita but I think that I can improve it. I will try to make more realistic smoke with Blender. 

Thank you all for your help.

final8_1920.jpeg

• Like 5

Couple more things:

1. Lowering the camera angle to the level of the Guy's eye level will make everything visually "bigger"!

2. Rails lead to 'nowhere'.

3. Open space instead of a dark green tree behind the opened gate would also add some cool space to the final composiotion

4*. Something on the front plane could also help, but only if used wisely ;)

PS. DOF on such shots must be used very carefully as you may make everything look like toys on a table

Hope that helps ))

• Like 1

Hello, 
This is my entry for the contest. All is done in 3D Coat, only the post-effects are added with Krita and Blender for simulate the smoke.
This contest was great for my because I've learned a lot about the use of 3D Coat and its workflow. Thanks to Pilgway for that.

final12_1.png

You can see my vehicle in Sketchfab : https://skfb.ly/QtSP

• Like 7