3DCoat Forums

Primitive Tool not Adding Sphere to a New Layer

jburford

Primitive Tool not Adding Sphere to a New Layer, ok, finally after not really doing to much with 3D Coat, shame on me, am trying to dig back into it again.

In working with the Mannequin Preset, and trying to add a Space Helmet, simply a Sphere to then work with, for the Life of Job, I can not add it to a Layer by it's self, only to the existing Mannequin Preset Layer.

Why is this?

Ok, it looks like it only works in Surface Representation, or adding to such a Layer.

Will up a Screenshot of it.  Did look at using Models, and then Sphere from there, but not able to get it positioned perfect like the otther way.

Cheers,

Jeff

post-743-0-99239500-1463521143_thumb.png

Using 4.5.19 Cuda GL64, yes, hitting Apply or the Enter Key.  Hmnn, wonder if I should try an older version and test?

Also, using Windows 7, 64Bit Pro with SP1 and 12 GB of RAM on a HP Z600 with 1 Quad-Core Zeon CPU.

Voxel Sculpting Mode.

Interesting, if I use an older Version, 4.1.00, it adds the New Layer into the Mannequin Object and it works!  Hmnn.

Edited by jburford

Odd, in 4.5.19, if it is outside of the Mannequin Voxel Tree, and a Voxel Representation, it does not work. If it is however a Surface Representation, then it does work!

But, in 4.1.00, it works in the Voxel Representation Mode and Surface Representation Mode.

Go Fish.

That is, at least on my System!

• Reputable Contributor

I had a similar issue a week or two ago. When I clicked on a primitive absolute nothing would show in the viewport. I closed the app and restarted and somehow that fixed it. Maybe just closing the app > deleting the OPTIONS.XML file from the MyDocuments/3D Coat directory can help. That file gets guffed up once in a while. When it does, it can cause strange behavior. When you delete it and restart the app, 3D Coat creates a new one.

• Advanced Member

I am experiencing a similar problem with the text tool in the sculpt room. Whenever I hit apply, nothing shows up. Tried voxel hi res and surface mode. Restarting app and/or machine do not change the problem nor does the latest build. Haven't seen problem with other objects tools. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. I am on Linux 64 bit...do I need to contact Sergii?

Many thanks,

bk