3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Serious problem in Paint - Edit Projections in Ext Editor fails. PLEASE HELP!!! :(

Go to solution Solved by Andrew Shpagin,

• Contributor

Hello friends!
Someone is having problems with the Edit Projections in Ext Editor ???
I'm using the latest beta version 4.5.39. (Windows 7 64 bit)
When I use the option to Edit Projections in Ext. Editor and selecting any kind of scale or not (image 01_Capture_coat.jpeg), and send to my external editor program like Krita or photoshop, so this file is opened automatically, you can see the captured image, that generated psd file appears quite strange, with problems, it seems corrupted (image 02_Capture_krita.JPG). The face sent is cut in the middle of the screen, not allowing any type of paint or applying textures on the transparent part checkered psd file (image 03_Capture_krita_painted.JPG), ie, the projection is only accepted half up the face when returned to 3d coat (image 04_Capture_3dCoat_projection_failed.JPG).

What to do to fix this problem?
I've updated my video card driver (nvidia frame 600), and current updates windows 7.

I appreciate the attention and await a solution.

01_Capture_coat.jpeg

02_Capture_krita.JPG

03_Capture_krita_painted.JPG

04_Capture_3dCoat_projection_failed.JPG

• Like 1

• Contributor

Hi carlosan,

Thanks for your response.
I just try to do what you suggested me. I changed the mode to orthographic, but unfortunately I'm having the same problems with the projections (Edit Projections in Ext Editor).

As you can see again my captured image.

Please help me!
Thank you all

post-31108-0-49997000-1463675565_thumb.j

• Contributor

Ok , i am getting the "zig zag geometry brake"  only on the areas of the model  that are out side of the "safe margins" but anything i do with CS6 it transfers correctly to 3DC.

EDIT

If 3d model is inside the safe margins no zig zag effect at all , just to point this out as well.

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 1

• Contributor

Hi Michaelgdrs,

Thank you for taking the test too! And try to help me!
But even I put the object in the area projection, you can see the image I captured, which continues to have the same problem and cutting some of the object at the top of the screen, as well as half of the screen down.

I hope that there might be some solution to this problem, for projecting images using an external editor like Krita or Photoshop is very useful.

post-31108-0-06077900-1463681939_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Contributor

I dont get it  , because it works on my side (only inside the margin , outside the margin we both get the same effect).

Will try to test more and report back.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Using 4.5.19, neither of the results you guys are getting are repeatable by me. (tested in 32 and 64 dx and CUDA and OpenGL versions)

If my mesh is outside the margins, I don't get zig zag cut offs because that's just where the bounds of the photoshop document are. So there's nothing outside of the bounds/margins, because that's the end of the document window.

In your examples it looks like some major confusion about where margin lines are in 3dc and what the document size needs to be in photoshop?

I don't suppose by chance that you're dumping this into a different monitor that has a different resolution? Just a shot in the dark, I'm not sure why it would matter, but it's all I can think of.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Gary Dave,
Thank you for your comment, but I'm only using one monitor (1920x1080 and my card is Nvidia Quadro 600) to make this process of projection with the aid of an external editor (krita or photoshop - I tested in both programs).
I really can not understand the reason for this error (this cut zig zag half down the document and a little cut on the top of the document).
I do not know if this has to do with the newest versions of 3d-coat because the last version I was using was v4.5.28 and presented the same mistake. So I installed the version v4.5.39 thinking that maybe the error could have been fixed, but unfortunately remains the same problem.
I'd really like to solve this problem. No more suggestions?

• Contributor

Triple monitor setup here , tested on all 3 , same result.

I dont remember having it on the previous build as i use projection PS a lot.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Hi Michaelgdrs,

It is very bad to have this projection failure (I may be wrong, I do not understand much, but it may be an error in generating the psd file made by the current version of the 3d-coat).
I remember that worked perfectly before. But I do not remember the 3d-coat version that was good. I believe it is not a problem with my computer or screen resolution, because as I said previously worked wonderfully well.

I tested the external projection with the head and with the little creature that is included in the 3d-coat.
I tried with 3d-coat v4.5.39 GL and the v4.5.39 DX in both the same problems as I have shown in previous images I captured here on my computer.
I'll say again that the 3d-coat v4.5.28 (The last version that was previously installed on my computer) also had the same problem.

If I do not answer to anyone here in the forum is because I only have the right to another posting here (as the board notice to me). I am new user, this must be the reason.

I appreciate if someone manage to get a solution to this problem.

thanks to all.

post-31108-0-58957400-1463714466_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Contributor

@MichaelgdrsSo I will not worry :dash2: , thank you very much for your help! :good2:

@carlosan,

Thank you for your attention and expose the error of the External Projection for him.

That's my dream works inside the margin and outside the margin! :D

By the way, Are you using the 3d-coat v4.5.39 version?
I'm waiting for a position on the solution of this problem!

• Like 1

• Contributor

Hello friends,

I just would like to register here that I could detect where the projection problem that was happening to me and that might happen to other people, and so, in a way I can help resolve this error.
Actually the problem is in 3D-Coat, specifically customize the layout of the windows.
I'll explain better for you.

As you can see in the image capture and attached here.

The first image captured the normal procedure that we use for the projection option with the help of an external program like Krita or Photoshop. What I noticed was that when I pulled the texture window or another I did customization to the left side of the tool window does not happen any error.
Now, if you look at the second image capture, I left on purpose texture window on the left side of the tool window. So, I followed with the projection procedure and happened the screen cut PROBLEM (zig zag) half down and a little over the top.

I believe you can not customize any window to get to the left side of the tool window, because if you do happen the projection error.
Anyone who wants to test this procedure and confirm that my theory that ended up solving my problem, please you feel free to test.

If I am correct, I hope that the 3D-Coat team solve this problem in future versions of 3D-Coat over the customization of windows to not disrupt other functions within the program.
Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

post-31108-0-72040800-1463855955_thumb.j

post-31108-0-55450600-1463855975_thumb.j

• Like 2

• Contributor

Very very odd , on my side it happens only on top (hair) and not on the bottom (neck area) and only when 3d model is out or the safe margins.

No changes on the UI all default.

Other users dont have it at all , and now you found that a UI change caused this.

What is going on???

• Like 1

• Contributor

Very strange even this behavior in relation to ui.
Perhaps you could disconnect the window that is fixed in the interface until you discover which window is having interference at the top of your screen and the parts of the model that are outside the margin of safety. That might solve.
Now, I just test the model's head completely filling the entire screen and through the safety margin and happens no longer any problems with such zig zag cut the screen.
Everything works perfectly now, as the 01 image I captured on the past posted.
In my case, the problem is really with the customization interface.

Very crazy this ...
Michaelgdrs, even though the standard interface, try unplugging all the windows to discover which one is interfering with the program projection functions.

Let me know if works!

Edited by Rygaard
  • Like 1