3DCoat Forums

Steampunk TriTruck

Vladukenzo

• Advanced Member

Now running without PBR. Just a test scenes. I am not sure if this is a kind of environment i will use. May be it has to be some kind of desert with old buildings that match vehicles style. So it has to be one more challeenge for me. I think i have something to deal with it =)

2.jpg

Edited by Vladukenzo
  • Like 2

Yup, I thought it will be some Mad Max-styled junkyard, you know, with brutal spears and other things.

Also, didn't you wanna to rotate model or camera a little bit? Cuz now a lot of details just perpendicular to camera.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, ostapblender said:

Yup, I thought it will be some Mad Max-styled junkyard, you know, with brutal spears and other things.

Also, didn't you wanna to rotate model or camera a little bit? Cuz now a lot of details just perpendicular to camera.

Yes. It has to be all Mad-Max.  I admit that I was rushing unTill today to finish it . But now I have more time to understand coat to vray  shader workflow. On the other hand,  I an not going to simply stop competing after I render it.  I mean that I am not going to Render just vehicle On a plain desert environment. 

I will Render It in some kind  Of future gas station environment.  Architecture has to match my vehicle style.  I already have a concept of that station.  It has some options.  I will Post my sketches a bit later.  

But I also have some bad news.  Now two of my computers are down.  It has happened after two days rushing with Coat.  I do not blame 3d coat team for that.  I Don't have 2k computer at home.  so I think that it was to tough for those ones.  But on the other hand,  I had Get permission from my boss to work at office and to use render farm of 12 nodes. 

Edited by Vladukenzo

• Advanced Member

I solved the problem by importing the model through Rhino 5. Rhino had no troubles importing it.  So I resaved the file using another nanameand imported it in Max. 

15 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Avoid nGons may be help.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, BubbaDaCaveman said:

Hey Vladukenzo nice work so far, great details too. But don't you think your vehicle looks more of a post apocalyptic vehicle rather than a steampunk? Any way keep it up and good luck.

I absolutely agree with you. I decided to get best of 3 worlds: steampunk, artdeco and of cource post apocalyptic.

• Advanced Member

Hi guys. Now i have a hard week on my work, but, may be today i will continue making gas station. I asked my 20 cooworkers what environment is best. They chose 002 and 001.

But 002 had more likes so i will mix them by making 001 from the right and 002 from the left side of the vehicle dirction. =)

Edited by Vladukenzo

I guess I'm weird then cause I really like elements of different ones besides 001 + 002 much more entirely. Oh well.

Good luck with the bg - can't wait to see the final thing.

Edited by motrJR
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

Now trying AUTOPO to speed up the process. Already made some optimisations. Seems very clean for first time. When you do such things, be patient and add more loops (orange loops around negative extrusions). And you will be paid with good result instantly =)

Screenshot_104.png

Screenshot_105.png

Screenshot_106.png

Screenshot_107.png

Screenshot_109.png

Screenshot_110.png

• Advanced Member

Now i am very happy! The last build of 3d-Coat works just fine. Now i dont need to fine tune maps. I just use one of presets. My case is Vray Roughness/metallness 2.2 Gamma

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Hi guys! Finished one of my BG objects. This is a modular streetlight that can be modified by replacing and substituting the lamps. I didnt make any thing i can substitute the lamps with. Time will show. Architecture is being modelling now. But i will keep it in secret for a while =)

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_10.png

• Like 2