3DCoat Forums

Steampunk Tank/Robot

oscar_mello

• 3 weeks later...

good shapes, they work well together!

did you use preset cogwheels or sculpted/modeled them in 3dc?

will the round bits (radially applied) be merged somehow with the baseshape? same for the fingers. realistically I'd expect some kind of weldingseam or similar.

1 hour ago, Dobby said:

good shapes, they work well together!

did you use preset cogwheels or sculpted/modeled them in 3dc?

will the round bits (radially applied) be merged somehow with the baseshape? same for the fingers. realistically I'd expect some kind of weldingseam or similar.

thanks dobby for the replay the cogwheels where modeled on max, im planning on "welding" some parts not sure if i ll do it on 3dcoat or using welder 3ds max script, i have made few changes since last wip i ll try to post some progress  soon

As far as I have seen, 3DC also has a cogwheel preset. I tried to create one myself in 3DC but as of now lack the technical knowledge.

I have taken a quick look at the welder script for 3dsmax (video, do not use 3ds myself anymore) and frankly think it looks inferior to using 3DC. Also, if I haven't missed anything, it just gives quite "blobby" seams. Of course, that might be something you want. I'm just thinking aloud here, maybe it's of use for you. When thinking welding seam, I imagine sth like that:

esd-schweissnaht-57986.JPG

It can be quite messy or really clean (machine-perfection like), but it's main characteristic seems to be those single dots of weldingmaterial. I imagine that could be achieved quite well using curves + obj or some other technique I don't know of yet as the newb I am.

Anyway, keep posting!

yeah its the same for and thats why choose max, 3dcoat has been a lifesaver regarding shape definition, retopology and shape design on the body pieces tho, once the shape and details are done i ll try "welding" on 3dcoat either on sculpt or with normalmaps,also i want to "deal some damage" to  the model and bake some more detail, i really hope to finish this on time :P thanks for the reference and the feedback :) 

i have made some progress but im still not sure about the torso, also i want to include some pipes on the design, anyway here´s what i got so far.

progress4.PNG

progress5.PNG

progress6.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

So ....the model is pretty much done, still i want to sculpt some damage, also i need to work on the scene/environment.

I am not sure if i will have enough time but i will do my best to finish.

pd

noob question....do you guys know if there is a way to export the curvature and ao maps from paint room?

7.PNG

8.PNG

9.PNG

10.PNG

• Like 3

i decided to deal the "damage" by painting normals, and miix it with some sculpt if needed, what do you guys think?, too much too little?

pd.

i cant find the menu from file on paint room to directly export the curvature map, i am using an educational license, i am not sure if the menu its different from the full demo or pro license, maybe im looking on the wrong menu?

11.PNG

file menu.PNG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...