3DCoat Forums

Exporting object from sculpt room to retopo room

Avis32

Go to solution Solved by Tony Nemo,

Hi everybody!
I have a question.
Can I export models from sculpt room to retopo?
I have a ammo belt on my model which is low poly so I would like to have it in my retopo room too.
Is it posible to do in 3d coat??

Thanks for respond!

post-40500-0-94779500-1464026465_thumb.p

• Contributor
  • Solution

Alt-Select the belt volume (to hide the other volumes and in the Retopo room, re-name the active group Ammo Belt. Or you could select the volume in the Sculpt room and right-clk Autopo and when complete, you will see your belt in the Retopo room. Autopo is great for non animated parts but you may prefer to use a manual retopology for the figure. Name your various retopolgy groups as needed and save them to different UV maps where desired.

We did not understand each other :D
It's propably my fault,because English is not my native language. :)
I dont want to use autopo because i want to have my ammo belt topology.I added it as a spline without voxelization,so it have nice low poly topology,but it is in sculpt room.

Anyway thanks for respond.

• Reputable Contributor

I mean I have a low poly belt on my model already as a sculpt model but i would like to use it as a retopo group too.

If the low poly model came from outside 3D Coat, you can just Import it into the Retopo Room via the Retopo Menu. But if you created it in the sculpt room, chances are, it isn't low poly. This would be a very rare use case and it's why there is no direct way to transfer a mesh from the Sculpt Room to the Retopo Room. However, one quick way to do it, would be to just drag and drop the VoxTree layer into the Models pallet. It will store the mesh there. Then in the Retopo Workspace, you can open and dock a copy of the MODELS pallet in that workspace, by going to the WINDOWS Menu > Popups > Models.

Now just click on the thumbnail of your model and it will bring it into the Retopo Workspace. It's a preview object at this point, but hitting ENTER will commit it to a new retopo layer. That's how I would do it.

• Like 1

If the low poly model came from outside 3D Coat, you can just Import it into the Retopo Room via the Retopo Menu. But if you created it in the sculpt room, chances are, it isn't low poly. This would be a very rare use case and it's why there is no direct way to transfer a mesh from the Sculpt Room to the Retopo Room. However, one quick way to do it, would be to just drag and drop the VoxTree layer into the Models pallet. It will store the mesh there. Then in the Retopo Workspace, you can open and dock a copy of the MODELS pallet in that workspace, by going to the WINDOWS Menu > Popups > Models.

Now just click on the thumbnail of your model and it will bring it into the Retopo Workspace. It's a preview object at this point, but hitting ENTER will commit it to a new retopo layer. That's how I would do it.

THANKS!!!

you saved my day!

it's exactly what i needed!