3DCoat Forums

Forum Updates

• Contributor
3 hours ago, PolyHertz said:

As a side note; Why are "Contributor" and "Moderator" titles in blue, but not "Applink Developer" ?

Because you are special! The titles in blue are for those who are not engaged in development.

• Contributor

Hmm... How can I change my signature?

---

Never mind, it's in account settings.

I have uploaded a Stylish override for the Titanium 4X skin (you'll find a link in my signature). It removes some elements which I found unnecessary or cluttering, replaces almost all blue elements with 3D-Coat's teal colour, reduces the contrast of the page by converting most of the whites to 909090h, and contains some other hacks. I didn't test it on my phone yet.

A screenshot (from "unread posts" in compact mode):

3dc_titanium_4x_stylish_override.jpg

Edited by ajz3d

• Advanced Member

I  am guessing that to start a new post you go up to Create > Topic > gives a drop down list of the same topics as on the board.  I scroll down to Feature Requests but it will not highlight let me select it .   Also what is  Status > status update in the  create drop down. thanks for your time.  

edit: Announcement  is also like this.  Which is where a Where a 3dc is going to be working on the web page  Announcement should of been and a new webmaster topic to trouble shoot not buried in here. 

The Start New Topic  button and Best Answer  is gone or are we still working on the web page ?

The Browse , Forums and the smaller home  buttons all 3 do the same thing.   a  Top of page  button at the bottom of threads would be nice.

Edited by Ballistic_Tension

On 28.05.2016 at 7:07 PM, AgentSam said:

@Carlosan

Yepp, it will look normal, when viewed with a browser on a desktop computer. But try using a mobile device and turn the screen to portrait orientation. The "responsive mobile layout" is enabled only when the browser screen width is reduced, like it is on many mobile devices, or if you manually make the browser window smaller in width on a desktop computer.

Cheers,
AgentSam

Seems it works fine now.

On 28.05.2016 at 7:17 PM, AgentSam said:

@webmaster:

That's a rather general request. =) Did you want me to show you some examples of what I was talking about, when I wrote:

Well, let me clarify, I already know about the automatic image scaling (max-width: 100%) and lightboxing that IP.Board implements.

I was asking, can I limit the width of linked images manually, for example, by using BB-code tags with attributes, like:

[img width={width} height={height} ...]{url}[/img]

Because - sometimes the linked images look quite large, especially since the IP.Board scales to 100% width...

So, is there any way to set the image width manually when adding image links to a post? (Of course, without having to resize the original image bitmap!)

Cheers,
AgentSam

I will ask IPB support about this.

I  am guessing that to start a new post you go up to Create > Topic > gives a drop down list of the same topics as on the board.  I scroll down to Feature Requests but it will not highlight let me select it .   Also what is  Status > status update in the  create drop down. thanks for your time.  

edit: Announcement  is also like this.  

As I know such restrictions was made by forum admins.

To post a new feature request user must have Member Rank = expert.

The best way is to create a new post with detailed information in 3D-Coat subforum, to chit chat and brain storm the feature with another members of the community.  Ty

3D-Coat

Discussions related to 3D-Coat, it's properties and facility and also share ideas for improving the program

----------------------------------

Note: related post

Ways to Help: Work on Feature Requests

• Advanced Member

Thank you for the info on the new feature request . I think a great Idea can come from any level of user to bad 3dc has gone in this direction but think I know why as to get suggestions that are not already in 3dc and features that a new person has not looked into the program enough . I don't agree with it but that's fine too having to earn that level of expert comes with rewards and new goals to achieve.

@AgentSam:

Well, let me clarify, I already know about the automatic image scaling (max-width: 100%) and lightboxing that IP.Board implements.

I was asking, can I limit the width of linked images manually, for example, by using BB-code tags with attributes, like:

[img width={width} height={height} ...]{url}[/img]

Because - sometimes the linked images look quite large, especially since the IP.Board scales to 100% width...

So, is there any way to set the image width manually when adding image links to a post? (Of course, without having to resize the original image bitmap!)

IPB support answer:

You cannot unfortunately do this using bbcode no. However once an image is already embedded on the page, you can double click the image to change the sizes of them. If they are added using bbcode however you would not be able to do this unless you edit the image afterward.

• Contributor

Historically, selecting a topic took one to the last page where the unread postings were located. Now it's the first page and a second selection is needed before the current entries are located. :(

@webmaster:

12 hours ago, webmaster said:

You cannot unfortunately do this using bbcode no. However once an image is already embedded on the page, you can double click the image to change the sizes of them. If they are added using bbcode however you would not be able to do this unless you edit the image afterward.

Interesting. It would never have occurred to me to double-click an image in a post that I am editing in order to resize it.

My thanks for contacting IPB support, and for this very useful answer.

Cheers,
AgentSam

• 3 weeks later...

I believe he means, that it would be nice if the "Topics" and "Gallery" sections would have their own Toggle buttons, as illustrated by:

ayjytFC.png

Cheers,
AgentSam

@Ballistic_Tension:

If you use the Stylish browser-plugin, just add the following styles, so you can toggle each element separately:

TITLE: Site, 3D-COAT NEW-Forums, Index, Banner, Hide Image Gallery

CODE:

@-moz-document url-prefix("http://3dcoat.com/forum/") {

/* Forum Index List - Banner, Hide Image Gallery Strip */
  .cWidgetContainer[data-widgetArea="header"] {
    display: none !important;
  }

}
TITLE: Site, 3D-COAT NEW-Forums, Index, Sidebar, Hide "Topics"

CODE:

@-moz-document url-prefix("http://3dcoat.com/forum/") {

/* Forum Index List - Sidebar, Hide "Topics" section */
  #ipsLayout_sidebar {
    display: none !important;
  }

}

Cheers...

• Like 1

I have defined all of the following styles (but have not shared them anywhere yet):

1AwPeFF.png

These will make the Forum index appear as:

CkiQNGd.png

Which to me, looks a lot cleaner and easier to use. (The styles also add hover-highlighting.)

Cheers,
AgentSam

@ajz3d:

You earlier wrote:

I have uploaded a Stylish override for the Titanium 4X skin (you'll find a link in my signature). It removes some elements which I found unnecessary or cluttering, replaces almost all blue elements with 3D-Coat's teal colour, reduces the contrast of the page by converting most of the whites to 909090h, and contains some other hacks. I didn't test it on my phone yet.

But I can't see your style submissions on https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/3dcoat

So, where did your submissions go?

Also, I've never submitted any of my custom styles to the UserStyles-site (I keep them local) - so I'm not sure how easy (or difficult) it would be to share them. Hmm, I will have to look into that. Any tips?

Cheers,
AgentSam

• Contributor
26 minutes ago, AgentSam said:

@ajz3d:

You earlier wrote:

But I can't see your style submissions on https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/3dcoat

So, where did your submissions go?

Also, I've never submitted any of my custom styles to the UserStyles-site (I keep them local) - so I'm not sure how easy (or difficult) it would be to share them. Hmm, I will have to look into that. Any tips?

Cheers,
AgentSam

I didn't upload it to Userstyles, but to my server. Only registered Userstyles users can upload overrides to their webpage, and I don't want to register yet another account that I would use only once. :)

If you want to test my override, just copy/paste contents of the linked CSS from my signature to an new empty Stylish override. It contains mostly minor, cosmetic changes.

Edited by ajz3d

7 minutes ago, ajz3d said:

I don't want to register yet another account that I would use only once

I feel the same way - since I usually create style overrides for myself, not for the public. But I think it's clear that many people on this forum are not quite happy with the current forum styles (the way they work and look), so I think we should consider uploading to userstyles.org, because then the styles would be super-easy to apply by even inexperienced users. (The plugin adds that "Find Styles for This Site" button.)

10 minutes ago, ajz3d said:

just copy/paste contents of the linked CSS from my signature

Oh, you placed the link in your signature. No wonder I don't see it - I have those signatures disabled. (I'll take a look at your style-override after enabling signatures temporarily.)

Cheers,
AgentSam

• Like 1

• Contributor

I updated the CSS override. I addressed an issue with "@" "user mentioning" in the posts to make it more visually clear. I removed the background-color and the right padding.

Edited by ajz3d

• 4 weeks later...