3DCoat Forums

I have defined all of the following styles (but have not shared them anywhere yet):

1AwPeFF.png

These will make the Forum index appear as:

CkiQNGd.png

Which to me, looks a lot cleaner and easier to use. (The styles also add hover-highlighting.)

Cheers,
AgentSam

@ajz3d:

You earlier wrote:

I have uploaded a Stylish override for the Titanium 4X skin (you'll find a link in my signature). It removes some elements which I found unnecessary or cluttering, replaces almost all blue elements with 3D-Coat's teal colour, reduces the contrast of the page by converting most of the whites to 909090h, and contains some other hacks. I didn't test it on my phone yet.

But I can't see your style submissions on https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/3dcoat

So, where did your submissions go?

Also, I've never submitted any of my custom styles to the UserStyles-site (I keep them local) - so I'm not sure how easy (or difficult) it would be to share them. Hmm, I will have to look into that. Any tips?

Cheers,
AgentSam

26 minutes ago, AgentSam said:

@ajz3d:

You earlier wrote:

But I can't see your style submissions on https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/3dcoat

So, where did your submissions go?

Also, I've never submitted any of my custom styles to the UserStyles-site (I keep them local) - so I'm not sure how easy (or difficult) it would be to share them. Hmm, I will have to look into that. Any tips?

Cheers,
AgentSam

I didn't upload it to Userstyles, but to my server. Only registered Userstyles users can upload overrides to their webpage, and I don't want to register yet another account that I would use only once. :)

If you want to test my override, just copy/paste contents of the linked CSS from my signature to an new empty Stylish override. It contains mostly minor, cosmetic changes.

Edited by ajz3d

7 minutes ago, ajz3d said:

I don't want to register yet another account that I would use only once

I feel the same way - since I usually create style overrides for myself, not for the public. But I think it's clear that many people on this forum are not quite happy with the current forum styles (the way they work and look), so I think we should consider uploading to userstyles.org, because then the styles would be super-easy to apply by even inexperienced users. (The plugin adds that "Find Styles for This Site" button.)

10 minutes ago, ajz3d said:

just copy/paste contents of the linked CSS from my signature

Oh, you placed the link in your signature. No wonder I don't see it - I have those signatures disabled. (I'll take a look at your style-override after enabling signatures temporarily.)

Cheers,
AgentSam

• Like 1

I updated the CSS override. I addressed an issue with "@" "user mentioning" in the posts to make it more visually clear. I removed the background-color and the right padding.

Edited by ajz3d

New chat system implemented !

Chat.jpg

:huh:

Hi Ajz, fixed the problem. Should be fine now.

• Like 1

if anyone is using the chat , a red balloon is lit.

Chat.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony Nemo said:

It would probably be used only when needed. So is there a way to ring somebody up?

So this is what this balloon means? The only time I saw it is when I entered the chat and returned to browse the forum. :)

How can I switch the new post editor to display raw BBCode instead of WYSIWYG? This was possbile with the old skin.

And I have even less buttons available when browsing with my phone.

I need to be able to edit BBCode because the Titanium 4x theme doesn't seem to like mobile devices. Whenever I quote someone, move my cursor below the quotation tags and start typing, the cursor jumps back at the end of the [-quote-] BBCode tags. Just before [-/quote-]. (Ignore the "-" characters. I put them just so that the quote isn't interpreted as a BB quote).

Edited by ajz3d

I'm in the chat from time to time. Just in case. I've never seen anyone on though. :)

Cant visit forum without login.

Whats going on. Is this a bug or what?

If i am at work or want to take a look with phone whats new in the forum, i cant visit it anymore without login.

That realy sucks.

And i think for new users, that want to take a look what 3d coat can do, or follow a link on google or smething else, have to sign up first.

This is not realy a good point. Why did you hide the forum for new people?

Please fix that.

You can't log in on your phone? Either way yes, this should be corrected. I just had to log in myself just to look at this post.

Any particular forums? Or all of them? Some changes were automatically made when the forum software was updated, it's a real nuisance.

Try Tapatalk, is an application to allow access to Internet forums on mobile devices.

Users cant visit forum without login. Is the only way to stop forum spammers or bots, make the community more active and increase our database for newsletters and offers.

Sorry if any inconvenience.

@philnolan3d

I could log in, but i wont. I could visit evey forum without login.

No matter if i go to Blender, Zbrush, Substance Painter and so on.

Only 3d Coat wont let me visit the forum without Login.

This is a stupid change for me.

@Carlosan

I have not needed TapTalk the last years to visit the forum, why should i use it now?

For me it sucks.

Anyway, thanks for the replys.

Thanks a lot for the change :)

Much more fun to visit the forum now.