3DCoat Forums
BubbaDaCaveman

Steampunk - Scorpicus Motorbike

Hello, everyone decided to participate in the contest. Made this sketch of a motorbike, which I shall call Scorpicus, for the competition.  I am fairly new to hard surface sculpting, so I hope I will get some help and pointers from this sweet community. Cheers. 

SteampunkVehicleDesign.png

Hi everyone. This is the engine of the vehicle. I have changed the design a lot and I doubt the end result will look the same like in the blueprint. The blueprint wasn't very correct anyway. I will model the parts one by one and then place them in the chassis. Having lots of fun with 3d Coat. I will be back with more updates soon. Bye.Engine.png

Edited by BubbaDaCaveman
Additional Details
  • Like 2

Hi, guys added a few more parts:D I am having some trouble with the pose tool. Sometimes when I try to pose a voxel shape it leaves parts of the mesh behind. Can any one share their knowledge about this? Thanks

Engine1.png

Nice ! For the pose tool, when you select with lasso stroke,rectangle or other, make sure that "Ignore Back Faces" is off.

Hi Fabrice, I did uncheck the Ignore Back Faces option but it still does it. Some updates on the model.

Engine2.png

Engine3.png

Edited by BubbaDaCaveman
Added image.
  • Like 1

Without the navigation with the arrow keys in 3D Coat I don't know how I would have done the ornate design on the tank. Simply fantastic is what, 3D Coat is.

Engine48.png

• Like 6