3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Shortcut problem (returns to previous tool selected)

Hotkey is already assigned  ?

By pressing the “End” key on your keyboard while hovering your cursor over the tool or function, you can then define which key you want it to be assigned to.

If a hotkey is already assigned you will be asked if you wish to stack the tool/function with any previous tools/functions, allowing you to cycle between all of the tools with one hotkey.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

are you using the last stable version 4.7.06 ?

----------------------------------------------------------

Do you have assigned any stack key combination ?

Hotkeys

General Customization - Hotkey

Nearly every tool and function in 3DC can be hotkeyed. By hovering your cursor over the tool you will see the following text, “(‘END’ – Define hotkey)”. By pressing the “End” key on your keyboard while hovering your cursor over the tool or function, you can then define which key you want it to be assigned to.

If a hotkey is already assigned you will be asked if you wish to:

• Reassign the key with the new tool/function
  • Stack the tool/function with any previous tools/functions, allowing you to cycle between all of the tools with one hotkey
  • Remove any tools/functions assigned to that key

• Advanced Member

I get this problem with the Transform key (T)  It works from the left menu but occasionally the  T key does not accept the press so to speak,the gizmo flashes on for a brief moment . Though I have found if I tap T  twice in quick succession it seems to accept it ?

Dennis ,try tapping twice just to see.See if it works for you...

• 6 months later...

Do you have assigned any stack key combination ? 

Nearly every tool and function in 3DC can be hotkeyed. By hovering your cursor over the tool you will see the following text, “(‘END’ – Define hotkey)”. By pressing the “End” key on your keyboard while hovering your cursor over the tool or function, you can then define which key you want it to be assigned to.

If a hotkey is already assigned you will be asked if you wish to:

• Reassign the key with the new tool/function
  • Stack the tool/function with any previous tools/functions, allowing you to cycle between all of the tools with one hotkey
  • Remove any tools/functions assigned to that key

nope, always reassign.

It looks like a bug to me, its kinda laggy when I change tools.

Also If I hold the button down, its stays on that tool, let it go and it goes back. 

But after deleting all the 3dcoat folders it runs perfectly again.  Im not sure If its necessary to delete all the folders or only the latest ver.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yeah, I have the same problem on a 3D-Coat-V4.7.24X(64) build, in GL and DX mode. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's acting like this, idk what causes this and what pattern is.

Here is screen capture of this behavior:

As you can see, it's choosing desired tool and clicking back to current, but if you click to it with mouse - everything works fine. Pose tool assigned to ALT+E, trasform to ALT+R and Cut off to SHIFT+T. It seems only voxel tools are affected, because even if I choose surface tool on this mesh - shortcut works and it activates in a moment, without delay, unlike voxel tool, as  you can see in video. Other voxel-related shortcuts seems to work OK. I'm also attaching scene file, maybe you can see something in it.

UPD: oh, .24 is very old, there is .35 fashionable nowadays. Yeah, with update problem disappeared, at least for now. 

Shortcutslag.rar

Edited by ostapblender

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I also have the same problem. Has anybody found a solution for it?

It suddenly appeared and occurs in different versions (4.7.36, 29, 06), stable and unstable.
The only thing, that I recently changed on my system, was installing a Flash player update. Maybe it is related to this?

As I daily use Coat in production, I highly depend on it and reinstalling it everytime would be not a good workaround.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

To 99%  I believe, that I found the reason, after several uninstallations and testing different versions.

I had installed the "3DC_brushes" pack from the website.
After deleting it, the problem was not there anymore.

Since then, everything works out great. Still testing though.

@ Carlosan

Thanks for the support.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2015 at 11:55 PM, coverman said:

I was having the same problem.

I read help manual and it is written like this.

Sticky keys does not work with Stacked Keys.

So I export my hotkeys from [Edit] - [save hotkeys].

Open it with text editor, replace all

<AllowStack>true</AllowStack>

to

<AllowStack>false</AllowStack>

And reimport.

I was released from that problem. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30.09.2017 at 2:48 PM, Carlosan said:

I was having the same problem.

I read help manual and it is written like this.

Sticky keys does not work with Stacked Keys.

So I export my hotkeys from [Edit] - [save hotkeys].

Open it with text editor, replace all

<AllowStack>false</AllowStack>

to

<AllowStack>true</AllowStack>

And reimport.

I was released from that problem. :)

I tried this, problem still persists....

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Shortcut problem (returns to previous tool selected)
  • 1 year later...

If a hotkey is already assigned you will be asked if you wish to stack the tool/function with any previous tools/functions, allowing you to cycle between all of the tools with one hotkey.

It is not this option ?

• 2 years later...

I just realised the same issue in version 2023. 

1. In customize navigation, i set S + LMB to adjust brush radius and depth. This part work flawlessly.

2. I choose the Draw brush, hit End, assign hotkey to it, Alt + S. 

3. Lets use Draw brush and Clay brush to illustrate the situation. Lets say i use Clay brush, then i switch to Draw brush by pressing Alt+S, if i change the brush size or depth by S+LMB, the moment i let go of key, it jump back to Clay brush.

4. If i did not change brush radius size or depth, it does not jump to Clay brush. 

5. If i assign hot key Alt+A to Draw brush, changing brush size or depth does not jump to Clay brush. 

I am suspecting Alt + S is conflicting with S + LMB. It turn Alt + S to sticky key that once i let go of S key, it jump back to Clay brush, or any brush before i press Alt + S

** no stack key is used.

Edited by Jones C

Do you have sticky keys activated ?

Not sure if it fits your working method or not, but it should work if you just tap the key/keys rather than hold them down.  Tapping should switch to that tool until you want to change to something else.

Sticky.jpg