3DCoat Forums

Adam short film - Unity3D realtime rendering

Yeah I agree. That demo is awesome. 

They mentioned they used Quixel to texture those assets, but I personally haven't had much luck with that suite. I do like their scanned textures, but as far as getting it to work well within Photoshop it's been quite the uphill battle.

Have you used the Quixel suite arumiat?

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
On 6/2/2016 at 8:48 PM, Rebelismo said:

They mentioned they used Quixel to texture those assets, but I personally haven't had much luck with that suite. I do like their scanned textures, but as far as getting it to work well within Photoshop it's been quite the uphill battle.

Have you used the Quixel suite arumiat?

Hi Rebelismo, 

When I was looking at other texturing tools I took a good look at Quixel (this was about a year ago). I really liked the idea of a plugin that I could incorporate within an existing tool (Photoshop) and get better at both simultanously, but the forums seemed to be full of people with problems/ crashes with the tool. It sounds like you're having the same issues?

I ended up going with Substance instead. To be honest I still haven't really found a fluid way to incorporate Substance into my workflow due to time constraints, the biggest of which being that you can't natively hide different objects within an fbx like you can in 3DC whilst painting ('Paint objects').

I've just seen Quixel 2 is out, I'll check out the new workflow primer video..

PS they should have released part 2 of Adam at Unite, but I can't yet find anywhere online

Although I haven't experienced too many full blown crashes, I have gotten plenty of problems where it just stops working. It is also quite slow when its building layers or masks. Honestly, I'm mostly waiting for them to release Megascans because those scanned materials are fantastic. 

Substance is pretty cool as well, because Allegorithmic listens to user input and they made their software inexpensive for indies. I found myself using all 3 major packages in tandem when working on projects. 3dCoat is def. the fastest when it comes to painting and it's still one of the best purchases I ever made.

If you find part 2 of Adam, would you mind posting it here?

• 2 weeks later...