3DCoat Forums
matty686

steampunk hover ship (turbine driven)

hear is my entry to the contest I have been using 3dcoat for several years i think it needs some improvement especially in the render area but its the best 3d software out there I am unconventional in that my models are all to complex to convert to polygons so i use the surface paint tool for texturing   if i win the contest i would like to see a system to add an optional custom floor mesh made of polygons that shadows could render on  to for compositing  with background images  i would also like to see the model not get moved relitave to the background image  when you press render  this makes compositing a nightmare               

so hear is my thread    drop in and check out my progress

+1.3b.jpg

cooling steam exhaust ports added

also you can see the two water tanks the central  fusion reactor uses to get the hydrogen  after fusing the hot plasma is fed into the turbine

were it's energy is converted to mechanical energy to drive the thrusters  the helium exhaust  from the fusion reaction is compressed and stored

for industrial use (and for balloons and airships) the Tesla coils are used to help ignite the fusion reaction and power the plasma cannon

r7.3b.jpg

Edited by matty686
missed sothing
  • Like 2

hear is how i do all my poly modeling i use blender  (I hate auto desk the overcharge and are a monopoly  no one who is disabled can afford there stuff)

i urge you to support blender the make life so much easier  3d coat is great too and well priced compared to other software (i can afford it ) now try matching that autodesk    

how parts are poly modeled.PNG

• Like 1

now working on the underside of the ship  omg painting this this thing is gonna be a real pain   very scared I wont make the deadline I still have the wires to put on this thing

this picture is the bottom of the ship

upsidown.3b.jpg

bottom now finished  project is ready for painting by the way the voxel hid tool has a bug when you try to use it with stamp mode  very annoying almost broke my project several times 

redy to paint.png

painting will be done by just surface painting the project can not be retopologised or even handeled by other softwere its just two huge