3DCoat Forums

So I use 3d coat to help with making skins for the game csgo.  (counterstrike global offensive)

The problem is on a few obj weapon models there are invisible spots were the gun is just not rendered in 3d coat.  This in turn translates to being nothing (checkered background) in photoshop when I send to edit in external editor.  

bug.png

Also when I look at this same area of the model from another angle it displays correctly.   It seems one side of this polygon is invisible while the other side works as it should.

Ultimately it turns into a white triangle on the finished product.  

Any ideas on what's happening here?

I'm using the steam version of 3dcoat with windows 10, Nvidia 970 graphics card, 3770k cpu.  

The p

4 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi ! Hope this help

Ummm.. Thanks for trying...

But I actually already watched these videos, and that's how I learned how to use 3dcoat in the first place.  My problem isn't addressed in these videos.  I believe it's a bug in 3dcoat itself.  I'm not sure.

As i remember, GSGO model have UDim texture.

On 6/29/2015 at 0:20 PM, Javis said:

3DC will look at UV tiles as UDIMs, and will allow you to import and export them. The function is currently called "Import UV Tiles as UV Sets".

That said, when you import your file, tick the box "Import UV TIles as UV Sets", and it will import all of your tiles and rename them according to their UDIMs. Then also when you're done and exporting, tick the box "Export UV Sets as UV Tiles", this will keep the UDIM imported tiles and the names assigned to them upon import.

8 hours ago, Carlosan said:

As i remember, GSGO model have UDim texture.

Ok so I tried to open the obj and this time I checked the box for "import tiles as uv sets".  I get the exact same result.  I still have that invisible polygon messing everything up.  

I really think this is just a bug with 3dcoat, possibly windows 10+3dcoat.

18 hours ago, Carlosan said:

The new stable version is v4.5.40 with several bug fixes

Please point me to the model download link, i like to try opening it.

ty

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/m4a1-s-62327.html  Here's the link to just the m4a1s.  This is the obj I'm trying to use, but it's not this specific download that's the problem.  It doesn't work through valves official download link either.  

Also the desert eagle model seems to have the same bugs with 3dcoat.  

http://blog.counter-strike.net/workshop/resources.html  This link provides you with pretty much everything else you need.  

I'm using 3dcoat version 4.5.19 because that's the newest update on steam.