3DCoat Forums

a question about "draw with lines" and "draw with curves

artman

• Contributor
Can somebody tell me how works the "draw with lines" and "draw with curves" in the E panel are working?

thanx ,

but I'm talking about the "draw with lines" and "draw with curves" in the E panel not the curves tool

it seams as soon as I finish making a curve or a line it disappears

but thanx anyway for taking your time to answer me

• Contributor
Don't know what's the problem you mean, but I made a small video, hope it helps.

http://www.screencast.com/users/lc8b105/fo...e9-88bed45b5a02

quicktime player is needed to view that video.

can you attach the .mov as a .zip or .rar Firefox doesn't let me use the quicktime plugin it's blacklisted

I definetely want to see how you do it

• Contributor

Alright I managed to get your quicktime by saving the whole webpage on my hardrive

As soon as I saw it I realised you were not working in volumetric sculpt mode (of the new alpha)so I

tried it on a normal .ogj and it works fine.

So it would mean that "draw with lines" and "draw with curves" are the only ones that don't work

in volumetric sculpting mode which is weird because all the others (rectangle,polyline,closed spline ect...)work fine.

I guess I'll just stick to "Draw with Closed Spline"

thanx a lot anyway, :)

• Advanced Member
Alright I managed to get your quicktime by saving the whole webpage on my hardrive

As soon as I saw it I realised you were not working in volumetric sculpt mode (of the new alpha)so I

tried it on a normal .ogj and it works fine.

So it would mean that "draw with lines" and "draw with curves" are the only ones that don't work

in volumetric sculpting mode which is weird because all the others (rectangle,polyline,closed spline ect...)work fine.

I guess I'll just stick to "Draw with Closed Spline"

thanx a lot anyway, :)

Volumetric sculpt is still in Alpha state, I'm sure they will work fine in the beta or final state.