3DCoat Forums

Lock Transparency hotkey issue

ghostweeble

Hi all!

I'm trying to map Lock Transparency under Layer Blending to a hotkey, so I can toggle it on and off. For some reason the hotkey doesn't seem to 'stick'. Once I select a different layer, the hotkey disappears. Is this a bug? Is there some other place that I can assign a hotkey to Lock/Unlock Transparency globally?

Thanks!

mm

I found a relatively easy way to re-bind this specific tool without using any third-party software (aside from Notepad)!

Here's a list of steps with visual aid:

3DCoat.png

As for step 3, considering the length of the hotkeys file, it will be easiest searching for old hotkeys doing a search of your letter between the >< characters. So, do a Ctrl F on >L< and it should take you right to any hotkeys related to L (or whichever letter you chose).
  • Like 1

Hi Carlosan,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm a little confused. I already have Pick_Color remapped to "C", which  works fine. What I'm trying to assign is Lock Transparency. I've exported and opened up the keyset file and I can see that my hotkey seems to be showing up as:

</OneHotKey>
 <OneHotKey>
  <ID>OneLayerInfo::LockTransparency[1]</ID>
  <Code>T</Code>
  <Ctrl>false</Ctrl>
  <Alt>true</Alt>
  <Shift>false</Shift>
  <AllowStack>false</AllowStack>
  <UserDefined>1</UserDefined>
 </OneHotKey>

It just doesn't seem to work correctly. I don't want it to lock transparency for just this layer, I want to be able to toggle the lock transparency box for the layer I've selected. Have I misunderstood your message?

Thanks!

mm

Edited by ghostweeble

You right, the example was about change pick color.

I was trying the same key config, It just doesn't seem to work correctly after a program restart. I mailed support about this issue.

<OneHotKey>
  <ID>OneLayerInfo::LockTransparency[1]</ID>
  <Code>T</Code>
  <Ctrl>false</Ctrl>
  <Alt>false</Alt>
  <Shift>true</Shift>
  <AllowStack>false</AllowStack>
  <UserDefined>1</UserDefined>
 </OneHotKey>
</ClassArray.OneHotKey>