3D Coat Forums
pauloduarte

Steampunk Vehicle - Tank Fortress

Kargall -> thank you  :good2:

dimitribastos -> a mix of 3d coat and Maya, sometime I make a base mesh in Maya and put details in 3d coat, but some pieces I think  it's more easily starting the modeling in voxel, decimation, and later send to Maya.

I'm trying make some assets for the final scene:

wip020_zps4b9xjzlq.jpg

wip021_zpswumm0n5y.jpg

• Like 6

That's so epic! This vehicle really require something to go underneath it! Like crushed cars, trucks and stuff.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2016 at 1:57 PM, ostapblender said:

That's so epic! This vehicle really require something to go underneath it! Like crushed cars, trucks and stuff.

Yeah that's the idea :good2:

I'm making the environment, it's a canyon, first I make the terrain in World Machine, then export some maps and geometry to 3d Coat. These images are only with some tweaks in the sculpt materials, no textures yet, I will make the texture, sand sculpting modeling and rocks with voxels.

wip_030.jpg

wip_031.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Vladukenzo said:

Did you do retopo?

No because I don't need a very large detailing, and don't intend to animate, just doing some poses, I will export the poses that I need from marvelous, and then apply the textures made in 3d Coat, with the neutral pose.

Very stong thing. Which way are you going to handle such complex geometry during the render? Will you render internally in coat?

Edited by Vladukenzo

7 hours ago, Vladukenzo said:

Very stong thing. Which way are you going to handle such complex geometry during the render? Will you render internally in coat?

Maya, Arnold.

Making the ground, base mesh with sculpt surface, retopo, in paint room I make two alphas from the treads geometry, and paint displacement to simulate the marks on the ground.

wip029.jpg

• Like 4

Canyon made with World Machine, in 3d Coat I make a hires mesh, duplicate, decimate, extract normal map and make a smart material with some layers:

wip034.jpg

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Kargall said:

I look forward to see your final work

;)

Working hard here... :download:

• Like 2