3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)

• Contributor

Just tested all new feautures / fixes.

All good.

Dont know if its just me but with newest nvidia drivers and this update i noticed a speed boost again on the 980.

• Like 1

• Contributor
9 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

4.7.09(stable)

(...)
- "Retopo->Apply symmetry to current layer" really applies symmetry to current retopo group only

Thank you for the quickfix, Andrew. I do appreciate it.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
5 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Just tested all new feautures / fixes.

All good.

Dont know if its just me but with newest nvidia drivers and this update i noticed a speed boost again on the 980.

In what area (ie/, paint/sculpt brush)? I'm curious to test and see if it is noticeable on a Titan 6GB, as well

• Like 1

• Contributor

Request if possible.

Can we have a single button for compining  all uv sets into one?

When importing from Maya LT and a different material is set the each model then a different uv-set is created.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Sculpting and painting Don.

Titan 6 g you b.... ro  ahahahahahahahahahah

Thanks. I'll check that out. BTW, I was referring to the original GTX Titan (6GB). I think the 980 beats it by a slight margin, except for the VRAM amount, which is pretty important for GPU rendering, obviously.

• Like 1

• Contributor
3 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Request if possible.

Can we have a single button for compining  all uv sets into one?

When importing from Maya LT and a different material is set the each model then a different uv-set is created.

Thank you.

Sure thing, Michael. :)

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew, 2 things.

1.  Could you please check your code for Editing All Layers in Ext Editor please.  (and other Send functions.) I'm experiencing a bit of a deal breaking bug where Saving the Layers.PSD from Photoshop after editing back to 3DCoat.  Once back in 3DC the Layers won't always be in the same order, and sometimes groups will become children of other groups
  2. You might need to add the layer blending mode 'Pass Through' to better match what Photoshop has.  Currently this is the only blending mode that Photoshop has that 3DCoat doesn't.

*Edit1* Just tried again after cleaning up the layer and groups in my scene and sent to Photoshop which gave the error message 'Some groups were found corrupted and repaired.'  In the Layers.psd file it has parented a Layer group under another group and also one of the layers has been renamed <end>

thanks.

• Like 1

• Contributor
15 hours ago, ajz3d said:

Sure thing, Michael. :)

Is it possible to do a small mod in the script?

Can we have an option to put the uv islands  in one uvset as it does now , but also have the option to keep the separate materials???

• Advanced Member

Does anyone else have weird artifacting when masking out parts of a mesh? Not sure if its a common issue or not. For example, in this case I am vox extruding based on a selection, but weird artifacts appear after the first vox extrude. I can't figure out how to get rid of it either.  Currently using 2.7.09 (GL).

2016-08-18 21_05_05-3D-COAT 4.7.09(GL64).jpg

And this is what it looks like in the Render room.

2016-08-18 21_05_38-3D-COAT 4.7.09(GL64).jpg

• Like 1

• Contributor
15 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Is it possible to do a small mod in the script?

Can we have an option to put the uv islands  in one uvset as it does now , but also have the option to keep the separate materials???

Michael, in order not to go off topic, I replied you in the script's thread.

• Like 1

• Contributor
14 hours ago, RabenWulf said:

Does anyone else have weird artifacting when masking out parts of a mesh? Not sure if its a common issue or not. For example, in this case I am vox extruding based on a selection, but weird artifacts appear after the first vox extrude. I can't figure out how to get rid of it either.  Currently using 2.7.09 (GL).

2016-08-18 21_05_05-3D-COAT 4.7.09(GL64).jpg

And this is what it looks like in the Render room.

2016-08-18 21_05_38-3D-COAT 4.7.09(GL64).jpg

I didn't use VoxExtrude much lately, but I saw this "squarification" on many other occasions, like with Pose and Freeze tools, to name a few. I think it usually happens after Undo.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Прошу прощения, что пишу на Русском. Хочу описать проблемы с которыми я сталкивался.

1 Это проблема с качеством карты нормалей на ровных местах при bake. 2016-08-20_3-16-25.png

2 При перезапуске сцены на воксельных слоях появляются деревянные признаки и при сглаживании они становятся жоще2016-08-20_3-19-10.png

3 Проблема при bake сцены с оптимизированными surface слоями, появляются такие признаки 2016-08-20_3-27-59.png2016-08-20_3-23-08.png2016-08-20_3-24-18.png2016-08-20_3-25-28.png

• Advanced Member

Help..... Changing brush presets still incredibly slow ...3-5 seconds sometimes , its the only thing thats ruining my 3dcoat experience at the moment....anyone else got this or suggestions?

oh yeah...also when I hit the T key to transform it does not hold it , the feedback/options box pops up for a second but then it reverts back to the previous tool. It works if I quickly tap twice( shortcuts are not stacked by the way) If I hit Transform in the side panel it works fine...

Edited by stusutcliffe

• Contributor

Stu, have you tried removing the contents of ToolsPresets directory? Back it up first, just in case. Often something from that folder creates those delays between tool switching.

Edited by ajz3d

• Advanced Member

Thanks Ajz3d,that certainly seems to have helped a lot!  ( though cant test properly till tonight.)

I assume I deleted the right files ...the toolpresets in the "users" folder? Do these just get re written when you use a tool? Should I delete anything from the main program folders or would that be a disaster....

• Reputable Contributor
On 8/20/2016 at 0:49 PM, stusutcliffe said:

Help..... Changing brush presets still incredibly slow ...3-5 seconds sometimes , its the only thing thats ruining my 3dcoat experience at the moment....anyone else got this or suggestions?

oh yeah...also when I hit the T key to transform it does not hold it , the feedback/options box pops up for a second but then it reverts back to the previous tool. It works if I quickly tap twice( shortcuts are not stacked by the way) If I hit Transform in the side panel it works fine...

The reason why there is a pause is because 3D Coat has to reload a different set of brush alphas each time you select a new preset. If there is no change in brush alphas, it will be pretty fast. As for you hotkey issue, it sounds like you may have the hotkey stacked for the Transform tool. One way to find out is to hover over the tool in the tool panel and hit the BACKSPACE key to remove the hotkey. Now hover over it again and hit the END key to assign the hotkey again. If it is assigned to something else, by chance, you'll see a prompt asking what you want to do....stack it or overwrite it.

• Advanced Member

Ta for the video! Everything seems ok now. By doing what I said above seems to have fixed it ,even my Transform shortcut works properly again. ( I was proud of myself for figuring out the stacked thing all on my own!! but turns out it wasnt stacked anyway.)

ajz3d mentioned a   "user preferences"   folder...pretty sure I have not got this ,I have scoured all my folders  ..did you mean   "Users > toolpresets " ?

anyway not to worry , everything is good in the 3dcoat world of Stu! Thanks for the help yous guys are great!

• Contributor

Andrew would it be possible to have the Lamblight shader back in latest builds even tough it is a new shader system or is it vey hard to convert?

New shaders are very good for texturing I think but I have a hard time making even one good shader for rendering unpainted sculpts.

I tried various matcaps based on Lamblight or just fiddling around the clay and skin shaders to get the same look but it never really reach that look/finish.

Lamblight looks very special with Light scattering when tweaked properly....

Thanx.

• Like 1

• Daniel changed the title to 3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan locked this topic