3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)

4.7.10 (stable)

- Unify UV command to drop all faces to the current UV set

- "Editt points" in Lathe tool shows coordinates in more logical way.

- Correct stencil mapping and preview, there was problems with object scale and preview

- Warning shown if texture in smart material missing

- Correct preview for stencil/materials in navigation mode for cylinder/sphere mapping.

- Correct UnhideAll command in UV/retopo room (was not working in Mark Seams mode)

- Cone primitive got "USe sector" option compatible with bevel. 

- correct Ptex export with LWO files using Export menu.

- Seed value for smart material noise

• Like 4

On 20.08.2016 at 4:22 AM, Cleitus said:

Прошу прощения, что пишу на Русском. Хочу описать проблемы с которыми я сталкивался.

1 Это проблема с качеством карты нормалей на ровных местах при bake. 2016-08-20_3-16-25.png

2 При перезапуске сцены на воксельных слоях появляются деревянные признаки и при сглаживании они становятся жоще2016-08-20_3-19-10.png

3 Проблема при bake сцены с оптимизированными surface слоями, появляются такие признаки 2016-08-20_3-27-59.png2016-08-20_3-23-08.png2016-08-20_3-24-18.png2016-08-20_3-25-28.png

This is fundamental problem that generally may be solved using 16 bit normalmaps.

On 18.08.2016 at 4:11 PM, ghib said:

Hi Andrew, 2 things.

1.  Could you please check your code for Editing All Layers in Ext Editor please.  (and other Send functions.) I'm experiencing a bit of a deal breaking bug where Saving the Layers.PSD from Photoshop after editing back to 3DCoat.  Once back in 3DC the Layers won't always be in the same order, and sometimes groups will become children of other groups
  2. You might need to add the layer blending mode 'Pass Through' to better match what Photoshop has.  Currently this is the only blending mode that Photoshop has that 3DCoat doesn't.

*Edit1* Just tried again after cleaning up the layer and groups in my scene and sent to Photoshop which gave the error message 'Some groups were found corrupted and repaired.'  In the Layers.psd file it has parented a Layer group under another group and also one of the layers has been renamed <end>

thanks.

It is generally useless to check because code is very complex. But if you have scene where order is not kept or other problems happening - please send it to support, it will help to solve the problem.

1 hour ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

4.7.10 (stable)

- Correct stencil mapping and preview, there was problems with object scale and preview

- Correct preview for stencil/materials in navigation mode for cylinder/sphere mapping.

- Correct UnhideAll command in UV/retopo room (was not working in Mark Seams mode)

Where is the seed value for noise placed? I don't find the option.

Thank you

• Advanced Member

I still would like to have all smart materials pictures (new or modified) to be saved with one standard lighting instead of current scene lighting. It is impossible to compare them with the current settings when their preview depends on the scene scene lighting.

Edited by Vipera
  • Like 4

• Advanced Member
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:32 AM, Andrew Shpagin said:

4.7.10 (stable)

Would be great to have some diferentt noises as well. Also, what about some default noises to use on the masks of smart material editor?

Thanks!

Edited by dimitribastos

It would be really great if we could get poly groups/selection sets so we could perform those kinds of noise operations more easily on specific areas would be in order, too. I mean having noises is great, but but applying them easily is essential. Perhaps selection sets from the LWO format would work, that way at least you can import selection sets and not necessarily program to whole set of tools to create them in 3DC.

I digress however, right now Andrew is focused on a few other things: Layer Masks, Brush Improvements and UV Improvements, such as proper multi-tile I/O, UDIMs, etc.. So if you guys have ideas for those areas, get those ideas flowing in this thread. :) I'm sure Andrew will be reading your thoughts.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Issue with Layer 0 on paint room.

I want to get transparency so i erase parts of my model on layer 0.

I save and close.

When i re open the scene Layer 0 is there in full!!!.

Happens with any 3d model , even a autopo cube .

Latest versions on DX same happens on GL too.

• Reputable Contributor
On 9/1/2016 at 5:27 AM, dimitribastos said:

Would be great to have some diferentt noises as well. Also, what about some default noises to use on the masks of smart material editor?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Carlosan said:

I've been trying to get Andrew to do this for a few years, now. Nothing has ever come of it. Could be helpful for ALL users, not just a few.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
13 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

I save and close.

Andrew really needs to rework transparency in the Paint Room. It's the one aspect that is NOT PBR. It's terrible. At least the PBR shaders give a decent proximity. Impossible in the Paint room. This is why PBR shaders should work on Paint Meshes as well.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2016 at 0:00 AM, AbnRanger said:

Anybody else having issues with 3D Coat crashing when you've left it open/running > take a break and come back to it (clicking on the minimized instance)? It's happened to me at least 4-5 times this past week, regardless of what scene I had opened.

Yes, this has happened a lot to me. I sent in 3 crash reports I think. I also noticed the app and the crash reports have the wrong version number so I wrote in the correct one.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I also notice, quite frequently, that a big block of Pixels shift arbitrarily, when I'm sculpting. Happens at least a few times a sculpting session. UNDO also gets borked often, right after an Auto-Save. So, if you need to go back several steps right as Auto-Save stops your work, many times you cannot go back. It's as if 3D Coat flushes UNDO with most every Auto-Save...or it seems that way.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
On 9/3/2016 at 4:57 AM, AbnRanger said:

Andrew really needs to rework transparency in the Paint Room. It's the one aspect that is NOT PBR. It's terrible. At least the PBR shaders give a decent proximity. Impossible in the Paint room. This is why PBR shaders should work on Paint Meshes as well.

About transparency, Andrew now added a new function to add black instead of gray for transparent areas. Its still better to make the output transparent. Modo supports transparent pngs.

On 2.9.2016 at 9:20 AM, Michaelgdrs said:

I save and close.

We have layer 0 problems too sometimes. Here layer 0 disappear sometimes, and there appear a CurvaturesMap layer instead of layer 0. Really strange.

@Andrew: Any ideas. Unfortunatey we can not reproduce it. It appear when we work with retopo baking in first case.

• Like 1

On 2.9.2016 at 11:24 PM, philnolan3d said:

Yes, this has happened a lot to me. I sent in 3 crash reports I think. I also noticed the app and the crash reports have the wrong version number so I wrote in the correct one.

Updating the graphic card drivers help here in some situations too.

• Like 1

• Contributor

On latest drivers always , Don also warned me about Nvidia drivers doing strange things , some of them i noticed as well (crashes and restarts on several occations regarding 3D Coat , allthough Don also told me that he had the same or similar in other software as well.

On 2.9.2016 at 9:20 AM, Michaelgdrs said:

I save and close.

in my opinion the best advice here is to never use or paint anything on layer 0. For me it is a system layer and have not to be touched ever.

What we do to get transparency is to hide layer 0 for the session.

• Like 2

• Contributor

If i erase parts only on other layers , Layer 0 interfiers on export.

Must erase on Layer 0 and export to get the transparency right.

At least on my end here.

The issue I'm finding lately, is that even with layer 0 off, there is no transparency in the layer(s) that are exported. Sure, there's an alpha channel, but like geo_n and I have been harping on (and will forever do until the end of time, or until it's implemented), is that the alpha needs to be in the transparency channel, too. It's crucial really to dealing with lots of textures, lots of objects. Each time you need to create a new transparency channel, for each layer, and then paste the alpha channel into the transparency channel, check it to make sure it didn't leave any wacky edges and then save.

It should just save the alpha into the trans channel, export from 3DC, done.

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

Is it possible to bring OBJ file for voxelization and keep smooth groups of geometry? When I use Import button in Sculpt room all geometry comes without smooth groups. Try to import a sample object cone, for example. Instead of smooth surface I have sharp angles.

Edited by Vipera

• Daniel changed the title to 3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan locked this topic