3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)

On 5.11.2016 at 6:20 PM, digman said:

You are both correct in your statements but autopo fails also which is a correct statement on my part.

I can not show the model but you can see a little of the autopo mesh in question.  You will see a few errors at the top of the retopo mesh because these areas are thin.

I would clean this up by manual fixing but I am just showing for density atm.

Now the reason I want denser polygons at the top of the tooth is so I can capture this area better.  There is enough polygons for the autopo to create denser areas. There are some larger flat areas on the model that do not need as many polygons as the autopo is putting there.

I ran one autopo with no density and the other with a painted density setting all the way up to 5.  There no difference.  Now on some models painting density will work at times but others nope...

Sometimes a scanned model will come out looking fine say a animal skull and other times, well has shown in the picture of autopo of a animal skull. No voids on both though the second skull is more complicated than the other. 30,000 polygons for the skull was my polygon target amount. 

I am addressing this in hopes that Andrew will revisit the autopo. At one time he said he had a better way, hopefully one lest prone to errors. 

In the work I am doing, I can not hope that the autopo will work, it "needs" to work.

You guys know me well enough that I will only report when I really think there is a problem.

No density.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hi digman. 

I  don't know if someone already mentioned it but have you checked for this:

- Have your mesh open surface/missing faces?

- did you set it to uniform scale?

Best wishes

Chris

- Spline points are in 3D in almost all cases (except manual detouching). It means you may rotate curve in 3D even if points are outside the model.

- Export Depth along Y problem fixed, now sader baked more correctly, transform of object correctly treated for shader baking, painted color correctly blended with shader.

- Borderline for VoxExtrude etc visible again

- right align of read-only numerical controls

- A lot of polishing in retopo primitives

• Like 4

Hey Andrew. Thanks for all the updates recently. :)

Is there any way you could look at performance when using multiple layers? I'm seeing a huge dip in performance when I have about 20 layers.

Also there is a really nasty bug that makes syncing with PS completely unusable, when you have folders in the layers panel. When you sync with PS, save your PS file and come back to 3DC, the layers are all completely re-ordered in some arbitrary re-ordering. Some layers that were in folders are now in a different folder, and all of the folders are now nested within one another, when before they were siblings. These changes were not made by me in PS or 3DC, and required a fair amount of work to re-order.

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 20.11.2016 at 10:45 AM, Andrew Shpagin said:

- Spline points are in 3D in almost all cases (except manual detouching). It means you may rotate curve in 3D even if points are outside the model.

- Export Depth along Y problem fixed, now sader baked more correctly, transform of object correctly treated for shader baking, painted color correctly blended with shader.

- Borderline for VoxExtrude etc visible again

- right align of read-only numerical controls

- A lot of polishing in retopo primitives

Externaly loaded splines loose their world positions.

Please save the world spline point positions into the spline files too if possible,

• Advanced Member

Weird behavior with smart materials. When I apply it using 'From Camera' projection, and have symmetry activated, the sym copy of the diffuse color channel is inverted (see screenshot: I painted the orange color, the color on the other side of the model is applied in blue tint).

Or is this some setting I have accidently adjusted?

SCREEN.png

Edit:

Is bugged. After some time (not initially in most cases) the color tint is also applied on the very same side of the model I paint on, without symmetry activated. When I paint through the image overlay, the color is applied with a very noticable blue color tint using the paint brush (though not as strong as in the screenshot above), while the color is applied correctly using the rectangle lasso. In both cases, sometimes the edits I did using the 'Distort Image' functionality are ignored/ applied color does not match the image overlay.

Edited by wilson66

Another bug; Loading EPS files for curves from the Stroke Mode popup, and also from the curve type popup, no longer works. Meaning, that no curve is loaded. In fact, nothing gets loaded. Please fix this asap.

• Advanced Member

The 'Distort Image' functionality should respect image tiling. Right now, with tiling off, it influences the overlay image as if it were tiled (unwanted distortions happening especially when editing the border of the overlay image), rendering it almost useless in some situations.

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Tony Nemo said:

It would help to see a render.

distortion.jpg

Only left side of image overlay (red circle) was distorted actively. The right side (green circle) is distorted automatically at the same time, but should, of course, remain untouched. I guess that this is due to the fact that the distort tool treats the image overlay as tiled, thus mirroring the distortion over to the other side.

Edited by wilson66

4.7.17 (possibly stable, need to approve)

- Proxy slider. Windows->Proxy slider allows to change proxy density  on the fly.

- Correct inverted mask preview in cube/cylinder/etc mapping modes.

- Edit in external editor padding problems fixed

- PSD edit in PS padding width increased in correspondence with settings

- A lot of new shaders for concept disign (not for baking).

- Fixed buggy merely visible glow around the stroke with gloss/metallness

- Instant Light preset included

• Like 6

• Advanced Member

Hey I dunno if there's already a feature request for this but 'facing ratio' masking is sorely missing :D

and btw the fixed Extract depth along Y is very useful, using to generate tiling disp/color/roughness maps here at Animal Logic

Edited by jamie
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi !

Do you downloaded the version 4.7.17X

Is the latest one.

Thanks Carlosan,

I had seen Andrews last post, but I downloaded from google drive link (Its much faster for me)

Downloading the "X" version from 3dcoat link now.

• Reputable Contributor

The Proxy Slider is pretty nice, but I notice two small issues. It does not pop up under your cursor like other panels do, when you assign a hotkey to invoke it. It also does not disappear when you move your cursor outside the panel. It's best to dock it, but for those who want it to remain floating, these two things should be consistent with the rest of the panels.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

@Carlosan, thanks!

Proxy Slider is such a great feature. I already docked mine, I think Andrew must make it already docked somewhere in order to make it easier for all users.

Edited by dimitribastos

13 hours ago, BurrMan said:

Thanks Carlosan,

I had seen Andrews last post, but I downloaded from google drive link (Its much faster for me)

Downloading the "X" version from 3dcoat link now.

The 5.7.17X version should be on Drive as well. Do you not see it?

• Daniel changed the title to 3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan locked this topic