3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)

I am not able to use the numeric input fields in the pose tool window.

Second: Undo does not set the gizmo position to the previous position in pose tool. Only anew undo command does it. 

Can someone confirm this please?

Thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

Undo does not set the gizmo position to the previous position.

confirmed

Thank you Carlos.

What about my first issue? Are you able to move a pose selection (line f.e.) by typing values into input fields?

Best wishes
Chris

• Like 1

Does anyone elce have this Problem?

-Using the text tool will not apply any Mesh once Applying.

-Using the latest 3dconnexion Driver with a older Hardware ( Space Traveler )   It works fine in Blender and other CAD Programs real smooth too! Yet here only the old Driver seems to work and if I use the old Driver it works, but it is real clunky and very rough even on the best settings. Now it doesn't even work at all. Did something change?

8 hours ago, Carlosan said:

You mean direct move ?

after typing values into input fields and press Enter... yes, it moves

DirectMove.jpg

No. I mean the regular gizmo. The old gizmo does not update the coordinates and does not move to the new position. Coordinates are always 0,0,0 what is useless if you want to reproduce movements.

• Like 1

confirmed

The typing values in the XYZ position change only the position of the displayed gizmo, until the gizmo arrows are selected.

Then the geometry jump to the new value previously typed.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

В новых версиях попробовал навигацию свою сделать-у меня поворот вьюпорта за счет пкм как в браше,так вот при использовании инструмента отрезать/cut не работает этот самый поворот пока под курсором сама модель. За холст работает-но это не удобно.

• Contributor
Hi! I installed the new version of the 3D coat 4.7.23 and I would like someone to confirm if the same type of error that I am going through in the Retopology option is happening.
I'm importing a .obj mesh from a head with only 1.2 million polygons. As soon as I import the mesh in the option of up to 2 million polygons the head is imported with the polygons completely exploded and wrong and 3D-Coat gets very slow with low fps. I imported the same head in the retopology option with huge files and it made the situation even worse: 3D-Coat was completely slow and locked with very low fps (smaller even than in the first commented option) and the polygons were completely blown.
I have already uninstalled and installed again, but in the option of retopology the same errors happen, I have already tested with other meshes and gave the same errors, that is, it is not a problem of .obj mesh.
I'm attaching an image so you have an idea.

error_3dcoat_4.7.23.jpg

7 hours ago, Ausdemenon said:

В новых версиях попробовал навигацию свою сделать-у меня поворот вьюпорта за счет пкм как в браше,так вот при использовании инструмента отрезать/cut не работает этот самый поворот пока под курсором сама модель. За холст работает-но это не удобно.

alt нажимай когда курсор над моделью

• Contributor

Not at all , on the other hand i am getting superior results with autoretopo on 4.7.23

Also huge speed improvement especially with the latest nvidia drivers. 

148538924379.jpg

Settings :

Poly : 7200

Symmetry on X : on

Quadrangulation on : Best quality

Capture details : 70%

Influence Multi : 1x

Decimate if above checked on :  40

Smouth resulting mesh : on

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
17 hours ago, Rygaard said:
Hi! I installed the new version of the 3D coat 4.7.23 and I would like someone to confirm if the same type of error that I am going through in the Retopology option is happening.
I'm importing a .obj mesh from a head with only 1.2 million polygons. As soon as I import the mesh in the option of up to 2 million polygons the head is imported with the polygons completely exploded and wrong and 3D-Coat gets very slow with low fps. I imported the same head in the retopology option with huge files and it made the situation even worse: 3D-Coat was completely slow and locked with very low fps (smaller even than in the first commented option) and the polygons were completely blown.
I have already uninstalled and installed again, but in the option of retopology the same errors happen, I have already tested with other meshes and gave the same errors, that is, it is not a problem of .obj mesh.
I'm attaching an image so you have an idea.

error_3dcoat_4.7.23.jpg

Why are you importing a dense mesh into the Retopo Room? That's why it's sluggish. You import dense meshes into the Sculpt Room and use the Retopo room to build a LOW poly copy of it, on top of the Sculpt Object.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPD8xldxLS8

• Contributor

Hi,

AbnRanger, thanks for responding!

I chose Perform Retopology because thinking that importing straight into the retopo room, for example a heavy scanned mesh, 3D-Coat might give me the option of manually working the retopology without the program being slow or without problems in the mesh polygons. So I used the - import huge reference mesh option from the main menu. But after choosing this option the mesh of polygons explodes and 3D Coat is very slow according to the images that I presented previously.

But when I do the longest path (which you commented on to be done and what I usually do too) for retopology that is to choose the Voxel Sculpting option from main menu, import the mesh without voxelization - being in surface mode and then go to Retopo Room, the mesh polygons are correct.
However, when I import without voxelization, in SURFACE MODE, I'm noticing problems with the Strokes tool that is not responding to Spline Points Density, because it's only putting a straight or curved lines with a maximum of 3 points since a set for example 399 for Spline Points Density option, and when I try to closed loop, the Loop circle appears with an orange dot.

But when I choose for the model to be voxelization and I go to the Retopo room, everything works perfectly with strokes tools with no errors commented on the surface mode.

I'm attaching an image!
What do you think?

Thank you!

3dCoat4.7_retopo_not_ok.jpg

• Reputable Contributor
On 1/26/2017 at 11:58 AM, Rygaard said:

Hi,

AbnRanger, thanks for responding!

I chose Perform Retopology because thinking that importing straight into the retopo room, for example a heavy scanned mesh, 3D-Coat might give me the option of manually working the retopology without the program being slow or without problems in the mesh polygons. So I used the - import huge reference mesh option from the main menu. But after choosing this option the mesh of polygons explodes and 3D Coat is very slow according to the images that I presented previously.

But when I do the longest path (which you commented on to be done and what I usually do too) for retopology that is to choose the Voxel Sculpting option from main menu, import the mesh without voxelization - being in surface mode and then go to Retopo Room, the mesh polygons are correct.
However, when I import without voxelization, in SURFACE MODE, I'm noticing problems with the Strokes tool that is not responding to Spline Points Density, because it's only putting a straight or curved lines with a maximum of 3 points since a set for example 399 for Spline Points Density option, and when I try to closed loop, the Loop circle appears with an orange dot.

But when I choose for the model to be voxelization and I go to the Retopo room, everything works perfectly with strokes tools with no errors commented on the surface mode.

I'm attaching an image!
What do you think?

Thank you!

3dCoat4.7_retopo_not_ok.jpg

It might be that in Surface mode, it's too low res. You can look at the poly count at the bottom-right, in the statistics bar, and it's also a good practice to toggle wireframe on (W key) whenever you want to see how dense the model actually is. Just click the INCREASE RESOLUTION icon at the bottom of the Vox Tree layer panel (it looks like a grid), and that may help. I'm thinking density matters for the Strokes tool because 3D Coat may want to drop a control point down, but there is no vertex beneath that point, so it doesn't apply one. Just a wild guess. Maybe Andrew could answer it, better.

So, in voxel mode, it probably was more dense than the surface mode object. You might find this 3 part series helpful.

• Contributor
Hi,
AbnRanger, thanks for the tips and videos, it helped a lot.
You're right, the dot density of the Stroke tool is related in some way to the density of the mesh's polygons. I did the test by increasing the resolution in surface mode and the tool worked as in voxel mode.

It also seems to me that the size of the mesh also has influence. I used the Transform tool and increased the size of the mesh, it seems that if its object is too small, it will need to increase its size.

Could you answer me when or what occasion I could use on main menu screen option >> Perform retopology >> Import Huge Reference Model?
Because as in the video, import to voxel, prepare the mesh if you need to and then go to the Retopo Room seems to me to be the best choice.

thank you

@Andrew Shpagin is there a chance 3D Coat could stop creating 4(!!!!) separate folders upon launch? It's really bad. Why not one? Or even better - single hidden folder? What's the thinking behind it?

Why not a setting during the first launch (and the one you can later modify in Preferences) where you specify where you wish to keep those settings folders. Current implementation is awful.

I really hate when 3D Coat does that in my $Home folder. Linux versions are being patched by Sergii, so at the very least I could use COAT_FILES_PATH variable to specify place for those files, but it always gets back after each update and 3D Coat stops respecting this setting (on my end it suddenly got worse as the version I knew worked in the past somehow does not respect the variable).

• Contributor

Just now, while using the Darken function on the Color Operations tool, the effect was to lighten. So, on a guess, I switched to Lighten and got the desired darkening. The tool uses had switched functions! It worked normally earlier in the same session. Pesky gremlins!

I have discovered the cause and it is me! For an earlier use, I had ticked "Invert Tool".:blush:

Edited by Tony Nemo
  • Like 2

Переделал изменение радиуса /силы давления с пкм на ммб ,теперь комбинация шифт + ммб не работает на изменение сглаживания,прозрачности . ОЧЕНЬ хотелось бы чтоб были добавлены события для хоткеев. В моем случае хотелось бы чтоб ммб + шифт изменяли сглаживание,альт+шифт прозрачность. Еще мне совсем не понятно почему нету хоткея на параметр metalness. Так же хочется отметить что не помешало бы при использовании инструмента скрыть/hide особенно в воксельном режиме добавить возможность видеть скрытый обьем как призрачный,то есть хоть как то видеть). Так же в пеинт руме если у вас не пк за овер 2к баксов,очень долго думают слайдеры прозрачность/высота/Rough.Приходится вбивать значения численно. Может стоит сделать режим превью при его задействовании,пусть в памяти лежат копии текстурных слоев но разрешением не в 4-2к ,а что то типа 512 на 512,делал опыты-при таком разрешении на моем fx6300 и 650 ти +8gb ram пускай и не шибко резво но очень даже приемлемо работает-тень слайдеры и машина на мертво е виснет и результат проявляется почти мгновенно,при 256 совсем кайф ) . Это очень бы помогло править композицию freehandly так сказать) Ну и повторюсь очень удивляет что в программе безумно удобно вешать хоткеи-буквально на все вешаются!) Но вот удивляет что не работают они на металнесс опасити и роухнесс. Хотелось бы чтоб появлялись ползунки или начинался ввод с помощью изменения положения мыши.

Edited by Ausdemenon

On 26.01.2017 at 1:25 AM, cerokyn said:

alt нажимай когда курсор над моделью

говорю же,поворот на пкм )  У меня полностью под себя сделанная навигация.

Edited by Ausdemenon

4.7.24 [stable]

- Textures->Calculate cavity got important update. Now you may mix loacl cavity (usual) and long-range smoothed cavity (sampling based). It allows to get much better quality for PBR usage because many things depend on cavity quality.

- Transform tool in paint room got "Scale around center" option.

- Connector with PS works correctly with layers folders.

- Tweak room's selection now visible (there was longstanding problem).

• Like 5

Hi, maybe it is just me, but 3D-Coat Crashes everytime when I do this (see video):

( I was using this for something else, but the bug is still here too )

• Start 3DC
  • Make a new 3D Voxel
  • Hit Spacebar
  • Click the Sketch tool.
  • Everything Crashes. ( Tried this 10 times same thing keeps happening)

Greetings Speike

2017-02-11.mp4

• Advanced Member
58 minutes ago, Speike-Styles said:

Hi, maybe it is just me, but 3D-Coat Crashes everytime when I do this (see video):

I cannot get access to the MP4 file but when I make your steps there are no crashes.

7 hours ago, Speike-Styles said:

• Start 3DC
  • Make a new 3D Voxel
  • Hit Spacebar
  • Click the Sketch tool.

Greetings Speike

2017-02-11.mp4

Looks like you're on Win10, can you provide us with your system specs as well?

Hi, It seems that the problem only starts with the Cuda GL Version because with the DX version works perfectly fine.

-my Specs i7600k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, Atx Z170-P W10 OEM (Custom Made)

12 hours ago, Vipera said:

I cannot get access to the MP4 file but when I make your steps there are no crashes.

5 hours ago, Javis said:

Looks like you're on Win10, can you provide us with your system specs as well?

3 hours ago, Speike-Styles said:

Hi, It seems that the problem only starts with the Cuda GL Version because with the DX version works perfectly fine.

-my Specs i7600k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, Atx Z170-P W10 OEM (Custom Made)

Thanks! I'll try the CUDA GL version. :)

18 hours ago, Speike-Styles said:

• Start 3DC
  • Make a new 3D Voxel
  • Hit Spacebar
  • Click the Sketch tool.

Greetings Speike

2017-02-11.mp4

Ok. I tried a few times on CUDA GL version. On builds 4.7.23 & 4.7.24. I couldn't get a crash. I even used the Sketch tool, still no crash. I'm on Win7, geforce GTX760, intel i7 4770K, 16BG DDR3.

Also, try uninstalling 3DC completely, rebooting your machine, then reinstalling 3DC and trying again. There may be some latent issue from an older build causing instability with the build you're using. If that doesn't work, is there anything else in your setup that might help troubleshoot?

• Daniel changed the title to 3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan locked this topic