3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)

Just now, stusutcliffe said:

No psd,    Only PNG, TGA ,BMP and jpeg.

TGA will do the job for me, but I think adding layers to the export would be great. By now this should be on the 2do list. It mainly Depends on what the Product is being used for.  Ok got my answer TY!

2 hours ago, stusutcliffe said:

Have you exported from the render preview? When I tried it the image looked a lot darker than in the preview window.

it works for me. I exported in .exr. You might want to look at the color profile before exporting (in the preview window).

You're right, I probably better to have a threat just for the rendering and integration of external renderers.

• Advanced Member

Thanks, I will check out .exr thingy. I did try a few color profiles, but must have missed that one as there seems to be so many to choose from.

I'm gonna leave rendering alone for a few days I think, and get on with a bit of sculpting. I will keep an eye on the forum for tips though.

• Reputable Contributor

Beta version 4.7.28

Some more possible bugs

Retopo Room---Brush tool.

When holding down the shift key for relaxing the polygons, the tool is extremely laggy ( not usable). Tested on a very low polygon retopo mesh on. Even on a lower brush radius,it is still there but just a little better.

Same with regular brush but not quite as bad. Earlier beta versions, no problem with the brush tool.

Goes with the above statements. Tested 2.7.26 and the brush tool in the retopo room is very fast even on higher polygon models.

Might be my memory but the Paint projection cage painting seems slower as well.

Version beta 2.7.26. Tested paint projection cage painting it appears faster though I can not say for sure but does seem faster in version 2.7.26. This also to be related to the laggy brush tool as having the same underlying cause in version 2.7.28

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paint room: 

Add a layer and then try to delete it. The layer is not deleted and the layer underneath the one being deleted is now highlighted.

Version beta 2.7.26. I can create new layers and delete them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Render Room:

The sliders can not be changed by dragging your mouse or pen in the render room panels.

I have not checked all sliders in all the rooms. The above is what I have come across so far.

Version beta 2.7.26. I can use the sliders correctly in the render room by using the mouse or pen.

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

The brush tool lag in the retopo room looks like an user error an on my part. :wacko:

The model I was working is large in scale, quite a bit larger that I normally work at...  Once I open a normal size scale for me, the brush tool appears to be ok...  

Edit. still seems to be some lag in the retopo room, effects points and faces etc, so I now do not think it is all a scale problem.

Edit2. Now even 4.7.26 is effected with lagging of the tools in the retopo room, starts out doing do, then something happens and the lag starts. Hits the retopo room brush tool hard.

All testing using the opengl versions of 3DC

ATM, no idea what is causing the problem.

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

This is a tricky bug... at least on my end. I will send Andrew a file later. 

How I reproduced the bug. Open a new scene in Version 2.7.28 or 2.6.27 with the default smallest voxel sphere. Switch to the retopo and use one of the tools to create some quads. enough to use the smooth tool.  Do not connect the polygons around the whole sphere. 

Do not use the stroke tool. 

Smooth over the selection with the Brush tool holding down the shift key.  Laggy and the worse it gets as you increase the brush radius.

Now if I open a scene using again the smallest voxel sphere and use the strokes tool to create connected polygons around the whole sphere, then the brush tool is fast and no lag... Strange heh...

You might or might not be able to reproduce this bug but the above is how I reproduced it on my end plus this was on a new completely clean install of 4.7.26

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor
32 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Ok, reproduced and fixed, thanks, it was important.

Good news then. It was a real bug that is now quashed... :declare:

Onward and forward for 3DC's development and 3DC is still my most used 3D application, Thanks Andrew and team...

Bug with 4.7.28 on windows : In the paint rool, it's impossible to delete a paint layer

Features request : i'd like to ofset the depth of a  layer in the paint room
I'd like also to ofset in positive or negative the depth of a displacement map in the smart material editor,

Edited by Frimasson
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, dimitribastos said:

Yeah, can not delete any paint layer. It seems like 3D-Coat create a new one instead.

Good, this confirmed by other users, as I posted about this a few days ago.

Edited by digman

• Contributor

Indeed , you can only merge it down to clear things up a bit , cant delete it.

All good , minor bug , will get fixed i believe in the next update.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

2 issues with layer masking in the paint room ( 4.7.28, win)

How to reproduce :
Issue 1 :
open a model
In the paint rool, create 2 paint layers
Fill each layer with a different material that use displace
 Create a 3rd layer that will be used as a mask. set the color opacity to 0. Paint some strokes
On the 2nd paint layer,the one on the top, in the Layer blending property, set the replace depth to 100
Use the mask layer as a clip mask
issue :  no bump is displayed on the bottom paint layer, revealed by the mask. The replace depth is not affected by the clip mask

Issue 2
In the paint rool, create 2 paint layers
Fill each layer with a different material
 Create a 3rd layer that will be used as a mask. set the color opacity to 0. Paint some strokes
Use the mask layer on the two paint layers as a clip mask
On one of these layers, invert the clip mask effect
Where the 2 layers blend, there is a desaturation issue. see attachement

xx.jpg

Another bug : When i import a mesh in OBJ with several materials for per pixel painting, and select both "treat materials as separate textures" and "import tiles as uv sets"
the shaded model is not visible. I only can see the wireframe, by pressing "4"

Another bug : when i import a TIF file in the color slot of the material editor, the colors are inverted, or some channels swapped

Do you plan to reduce the memory usage ?
I'm working on huge models, with multiple 8192*8192 textures, and i need 64 go of ram

Is is possible to reduce memory usage by using specific layers for smart material fill, for masks, by deleting some unused channels (displace, roughness, color) on some layers ?
by using texture proxies ?

Mari seems to be less memory consuming, but 3d coat is the only paint app that gives a visual feedback of the painted displace

Edited by Frimasson

new bug : :in the paint room, when i merge down a layer that has a 'replace depth' value, the 'replace depth' effect is not keeped.
Same bug with a layer folder

Feature request : actually, the color and depth blending options of a layer folder override the options of each layer in this folder
Is it possible to switch that off ?

Thanks for your hard work

Edited by Frimasson

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, AbnRanger said:

Confirmed. I noticed that in other areas, yesterday, as well.

Yes, good it is confirmed, posted about this bug on Saturday.

Edited by digman

4.7.29 [beta]

- Copy / Paste / Copy reference / To materials library in RMB menu.

- Fixed problem of non-deletable layers

- Find Sun button in parameters of additional lights in Render room.

- "ReplaceDepth" may be masked by other layer.

- Fixed problem of sliders.

- Fixed problem of lag in retopo tool

- Faster painting over layers with attached materials.

- Fill whole layer with material dropped to history.

- Support of materials references (instances)

- Fixed problem of tiled import and treating materials as UV sets.

- Find Sun button in parameters of additional lights in Render room.

• Like 7

• Contributor

Great additions , 3DC is going up strong , THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH.

P.S

Bugs 

1)Fill whole layer after pasting a material in the history is not working.

2)From the tools on the left if you choose the paint bucket (fill tool) and fill a layer history is not grabing it.

3) On history on RMB and after selecting a command the panel is not getting hidden (or is it mean to work like that??)

• Advanced Member

@Andrew Shpagin Never mind. Don't know what happend, but the Smart Materials are displayed correctly right now. Yesterday they are not showing up on Paint Room.

Edited by dimitribastos

19 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Great additions , 3DC is going up strong , THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH.

P.S

Bugs 

1)Fill whole layer after pasting a material in the history is not working.

2)From the tools on the left if you choose the paint bucket (fill tool) and fill a layer history is not grabing it.

3) On history on RMB and after selecting a command the panel is not getting hidden (or is it mean to work like that??)

1 - what do you mean? Filling not performed on new layer after pasting?

• Like 1

• Contributor
10 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

1 - what do you mean? Filling not performed on new layer after pasting?

Greetings Andrew , yes exactly , it fills with a white colour regardless the material that is on the history panel.

• Contributor
1 hour ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Can't reproduce the problem, please provide steps to reproduce.

Just came in , i am on it asap

Issue 1

1) On clean layer

2) Select fill tool settings Layer with Use colour Tolerance ticked

3) Pressing layer and on Do you want to fill entire layer pressing yes

4) ----> ISSUE 1 On this layer on Mtl.history the material is not there (In other words the fill tool is not recorded on the Mtl.history 

Issue 2  (got corrected after a clean install)

1) Create a new layer

2) With brush tool draw something 

3) Material is recorded on the Mtl.history

4) Create a new layer and from the previous layer copy the material and paste it to the new one.

5) Select any other material from the smart materials panel

6) Take the fill tool and do steps  2 and 3 from the previous issue on the Mtl.history from the previous layer , it paints a white material.

BUT after i did a clean install it works with out issues (Issue 2 fixed) , issue 1 is still there.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

• Daniel changed the title to 3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan locked this topic