Of course V4 beta testing was started long time ago in 4.5 thread. Now we will continue it here.
Google drive mirror
Ensure to check "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > click the "lock" > select "App Store and identified developers" (when only "App Store" is selected error message is displayed "3D-Coat" can't be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store)
On "Retina" displays uncheck "3D-Coat > Geometry > Incremental Render"
How to create shortcut
Updated to 4.7
Do NOT use beta builds in production if build is not marked as [STABLE].
Keep backups of scenes, presets and materials.
26.08.2017 4.7.37 [beta]
- Possibility to assign fixed bump to smart material, independent from pen radius and depth.
- Fixed different problems in retopo primitives.
- Fixed breaking UV-s in Intrude/Shell (retopo modeling tools)
- Fixed a lot of problems relater to material attaching, including crashes, undo, memory leaks, correct resizing of smart material.
- If there are too many folders in materials/stencils etc, they will be represented as droplist.
- Re-attaching material if you select other material over layer with attachment.
- Correct displacement visualisation in ppp approach.
- Correct displacement import, scaling coefficient correctly used.
- Warning about missing cache to avoid loosing cached volumes.
07.08.2017 4.7.36 [beta]
- Fixed problem of Smart material editor.
- Snapping with SHIFT - navigation to 45 degrees instead of 90 degrees.
- Pressing CTRL in UV preview window (in UV room) shows selected islands cycled to neighbour UV tiles.
- Possibility to store camera position in preset
- Gizmo appears even if one point of the transform cage selected
26.07.2017 4.7.35 [beta]
- Custom render size restored in render room.
- Fill with gradient noise problem fixed
- Preventing duplicate split rings.
25.07.2017 4.7.34 [beta]
- square alphas complete support, even older ones will act correctly.
- possibility to change font size in Preferences->Theme. 4K monitors support. Font will be automatically changed to big size on large resolution.
- "File->Import multiple objects" to import multiple objects in diferent ways.
- Fixed memory leaks during materuals to layers attaching
- Checkbox in Underccuts/bas relief to limit effect below the plane.
- Import AO with channel picking
- Problem of laggy rotation of symmetry plane in General mode fixed. Picking point 2 is also fixed.
- Select all in tweak room
- Possibility to switch between 2 modes during navigation - around Y and free rotation. See navigation panel.
15.06.2017 4.7.32 [beta]
- square alphas distortions fixed. In some cases alphas require reimporting. Square alphas derived from 3D models supported as well.
- fixed different little problems like rotate along motion and stamp.
10.06.2017 4.7.31 [beta]
- better support of square alphas. Less clipped at edges.
- All tools are correctly compatible with layers attacments.
- merge down, apply blending are working correctly with "Replace depth" and materials attaching.
9.06.2017 4.7.30 [beta]
- Possibility to change resolution of texture, attached materials will be automatically resmpled.
- a lot of problems related to attached materials fixed
- correctly updated material ball in layer attachment preview.
- square alphas support.
- Problems of paste UV fixed.
11.05.2017 4.7.29 [beta]
- Copy / Paste / Copy reference / To materials library in RMB menu.
- Fixed problem of non-deletable layers
- Find Sun button in parameters of additional lights in Render room.
- "ReplaceDepth" may be masked by other layer.
- Fixed problem of sliders.
- Fixed problem of lag in retopo tool
- Faster painting over layers with attached materials.
- Fill whole layer with material dropped to history.
- Support of materials references (instances)
- Fixed problem of tiled import and treating materials as UV sets.
- Find Sun button in parameters of additional lights in Render room.
5.05.2017 4.7.28 [beta]
- fixed many reported issues about smart materials attaching
- Fixed UI flickering in curve edit window
- Retopo via decimation in RMB menu
- Divide blending corrected
- Render room flickering fixed
- Fill tool controls visible
29.04.2017 4.7.27 [beta]
- Important! Possibility to attach materials to layers.
- Important! History of materials usage over layer. All materials that was applied to layer are stored in history together with all settings.
- Important! Depth blending along stroke.
- fixed different problems related to bake scan depth
- possibility to render scene directly in Renderman
- additional options for masking in Angulator tool.
- "Divide" layer blending for the light compensation.
- Bigger resolution for Model->Alpha, little tapering to avoid jags.
- possibility to bake ligh in light baking tool separately for each object in scene.
10.03.2017 4.7.26 [beta]
- Retopo->Bake->Baking scan settings - fixed crash, save/load available, symmetry works.
- Fixed problem of slow switching between tools after long time.
- Update islands issue resolved too.
8.03.2017 4.7.25 [beta]
- Retopo->Bake->Baking scan settings gon very important addition. You may paint baking depth with brush.
- Autopo problem fixed - if no mesh generated, hidden retopo mesh will not be corrupted.
8.02.2017 4.7.24 [stable]
- Textures->Calculate curvature got important update. Now you may mix loacl curvature (usual) and long-range smoothed curvature (sampling based). It allows to get much better quality for Smart Materials usage because many things depend on cavity quality.
- Transform tool in paint room got "Scale around center" option.
- Connector with PS works correctly with layers folders.
- Tweak room's selection now visible (there was longstanding problem).
25.1.2017 4.7.23 [stable]
- Pose gizmo: undo returns gizmo to correct place, nunerical input works correctly.
- Import for ppp rare hang problem fixed.
- Import tiles as UV sets fixed problem with negative tiles
- Warning about incorrest scene scale.
- Polished, improved retopo primitives
- curve / line drawing problems corrected.
- Line tool fixed (Line in E-panel)
- fixed problems related to "Lines/curve chunk" drawing mode in E panel (line was invisible).
- Critical fix. Correct curves correction in export dialog.
- Possibility to drag sphere primitive by connector line (like cube and transform gizmo).
- fixed several instabilities, including crash when switching from paint to render room that happens in 4.7.17
- Retopo primitives polished, new primitives included. UI in primitives polished.
- Free form primitives from RtpModels palette working correctly in Retopo room.
- Transform gizmo may be moved using not only arrows, but connector lines as well.
- Fixed smooth over seams problem in multi-UV scene.
- Proxy slider. Windows->Proxy slider allows to change proxy density on the fly.
- Correct inverted mask preview in cube/cylinder/etc mapping modes.
- Edit in external editor padding problems fixed
- PSD edit in PS padding width increased in correspondence with settings
- A lot of new shaders for concept disign (not for baking).
- Fixed buggy merely visible glow around the stroke with gloss/metallness
- Instant Light preset included
- Spline points are in 3D in almost all cases (except manual detouching). It means you may rotate curve in 3D even if points are outside the model.
- Export Depth along Y problem fixed, now sader baked more correctly, transform of object correctly treated for shader baking, painted color correctly blended with shader.
- Borderline for VoxExtrude etc visible again
- right align of read-only numerical controls
- A lot of polishing in retopo primitives
- Export Depth along Y correcly exports PBR compatible result. Shader will be baked to the textures as well.
- Fixed crash in primitives tool
- Possibility to overwrite depth of current layer over bottom ones, see layers options - see Replace depth and Layer height
- Gizmo in Bas-relief visible again
- Video hints! The example
The list of controls covered by video hints will be updated automatically online.
- Retopo cube primitive has correct topology, without zero-sized bevel.
- Correct freeze with conditions
- Correct icons for retopo primitives
- New primitives in retopo room - cylinder, torus, cube, ellipse, spiral.
- Layer picker fixed (does not pick invisible, AO, normalmap layers)
- Numerical values in gizmos are moving ojects as well (for pose/transform). It was broken in 4.7.11
- Draw spline stroke in a single pass, each next stroke in strokes bunch uses initial normals and surface placement.
- Whole spline movements works correctly with 2d/3d snapping.
- more safe fbx export for non-english user name
29.09.2016 4.7.11 [beta]
- Primitives for retopo room. This is rather template than complete toolset. Only one primitive present there, list will be essentially extended in next update.
- Coat tool. This is non-destructive and precise version of VoxLayer. This is important step, it opens family of nondestructive tools in 3D-Coat.
- Imput decreased (the time between human's action and visual feedback on the screen).
- Enable VoXRay in surface tools, Backface culling will be turned off in VoXRay tool.
- Correct normals sampling usage in Live Clay based tools.
- Fixed crash related to extrusion using "Initial vertex normals".
- Everywhere in primitives edit boxes replaced with sliders.
- Better quality for 3D lasso selection
- Undo for renaming layer
- a lot if small stability fixes.
30.08.2016 4.7.10 (stable)
- Unify UV command to drop all faces to the current UV set
- "Editt points" in Lathe tool shows coordinates in more logical way.
- Correct stencil mapping and preview, there was problems with object scale and preview
- Warning shown if texture in smart material missing
- Correct preview for stencil/materials in navigation mode for cylinder/sphere mapping.
- Correct UnhideAll command in UV/retopo room (was not working in Mark Seams mode)
- Cone primitive got "USe sector" option compatible with bevel.
- correct Ptex export with LWO files using Export menu.
- Seed value for smart material noise
- Stencil painting with lasso corresponds to preview
- Extrusion with 3D Spline supports stencils and works in voxel mode as well
- "Retopo->Apply symmetry to current layer" really applies symmetry to current retopo group only
- Export normalmaps without gamma correction (even if specified in export constructor) to avoid confusion with normalmaps rendering
- Click to place issue solved
15.08.2016 4.7.08 (stable)
- Top/bottom/left/right views adopted to industry standard.
- Extrude with 3D lasso (choose 3D lasso in any brush in surface mode). Edge shape follows brush shape.
- Better visibility of selected retopo faces.
- Reference images quick access.
- Added "Click To Place" actions to all new primitives.
- Better look of wireframe for Ptex "Increase resolution" tool.
- Correct export with Export constructor with MV/Ptex approach.
1.08.2016 4.7.07 (stable)
- Still image gizmo got pivot/rotation controls.
- Stencils/materials gizmo got possibility to move rotation/scale pivot. RMB over material navigation gizmo will reset corresponding position/scale/rotation.
- Fixed crash in unwrap (zero squared triangles)
- Possibility to assign hotkeys to rooms switching.
- Disable auto-deleting point in retopo on almost straight line.
- Save/Load camera stores camera/stencil/material correctly.
- Correct preview of smart material's textures when you are navigating with material navigation buttons.
- Freeze/pose bugs related to undo + brushing fixed.
- Fixed snapping of invisible vertices problem when mesh imported in retopo room.
- Retopo->Bake->Bake normalmaps with dithering option for better noralmap baking.
- Added the NGon primitive with outsider fillet.
- Disable "Vertical sync" in OpenGL to avoid FPS dropdown for OpenGL builds.
- Edit "Colors" in retopo updates colors over mesh immediately after choosing color, not afetr OK pressed.
4.07.2016 4.7.05 (beta, close to stable)
- completely transparent pixels on exported color textures will be black instead of grey.
4.07.2016 4.7.04 (beta)
- Antialiasing tuned to work correctly for text, rectangular fill.
- Share item/folder works correctly for smart materials
- sliders adjustment tweaked to be more convenient
- Retopo->Select path works correctly
- shaders/panoramas/export presets adjusted for better correspondence with standarts
- upload to Sketchfab corrected. Pay attention that if after upload you are getting "Upload screenshot" instead of model - click "Change API key" in upload dialog and re-enter the key.
28.06.2016 4.7.03 [beta]
- Mouse wheel may be used to switch droplists items and to adjust sliders.
- Undo in primitives when sliders used to adjust values
- set of crashes fixed
- selecting of faces from other uv sets fixed
18.06.2016 4.7.01 [beta]
- fixed crash
18.06.2016 4.7.00 [beta]
- Migration master adopted for 4.5->4.7 transition.
- Folders for Shaders! You may organize shaders in more convenient way!
- Large amount of presets for rendering in different applications and offline renders.
- Measure tool allows to measure angles between lines.
- Sliders in almost all primitive numerical controls.
- Draw on plane supported in clone/split/cut & clone.
- Fixed problem related to "On palne" mode in Sculpt room - depth of drawing was shown not exactly.
- Retopo->Clone will clone faces ino new retopo group
- Older bas-relief functionality restored - Bas-relief squashing coefficient works as expected + density control.
- Numerical input in "Import" tool.
- Clicking on faces from different UV set will select current UV set in retopo/uv room.
- Other UV sets are shown in retopo room as well, you may operate over vertices/faces not only in current set/group but in other sets/grups as well.
- Symmetry options panel got "Pick from bound Box" button - "Pick symmetry center from the bound box of the current object. Axis directions will remain unchanged."