3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)

Just now, while using the Darken function on the Color Operations tool, the effect was to lighten. So, on a guess, I switched to Lighten and got the desired darkening. The tool uses had switched functions! It worked normally earlier in the same session. Pesky gremlins!

I have discovered the cause and it is me! For an earlier use, I had ticked "Invert Tool".:blush:

Edited by Tony Nemo
  • Like 2

Переделал изменение радиуса /силы давления с пкм на ммб ,теперь комбинация шифт + ммб не работает на изменение сглаживания,прозрачности . ОЧЕНЬ хотелось бы чтоб были добавлены события для хоткеев. В моем случае хотелось бы чтоб ммб + шифт изменяли сглаживание,альт+шифт прозрачность. Еще мне совсем не понятно почему нету хоткея на параметр metalness. Так же хочется отметить что не помешало бы при использовании инструмента скрыть/hide особенно в воксельном режиме добавить возможность видеть скрытый обьем как призрачный,то есть хоть как то видеть). Так же в пеинт руме если у вас не пк за овер 2к баксов,очень долго думают слайдеры прозрачность/высота/Rough.Приходится вбивать значения численно. Может стоит сделать режим превью при его задействовании,пусть в памяти лежат копии текстурных слоев но разрешением не в 4-2к ,а что то типа 512 на 512,делал опыты-при таком разрешении на моем fx6300 и 650 ти +8gb ram пускай и не шибко резво но очень даже приемлемо работает-тень слайдеры и машина на мертво е виснет и результат проявляется почти мгновенно,при 256 совсем кайф ) . Это очень бы помогло править композицию freehandly так сказать) Ну и повторюсь очень удивляет что в программе безумно удобно вешать хоткеи-буквально на все вешаются!) Но вот удивляет что не работают они на металнесс опасити и роухнесс. Хотелось бы чтоб появлялись ползунки или начинался ввод с помощью изменения положения мыши.

Edited by Ausdemenon

On 26.01.2017 at 1:25 AM, cerokyn said:

alt нажимай когда курсор над моделью

говорю же,поворот на пкм )  У меня полностью под себя сделанная навигация.

Edited by Ausdemenon

Right-clicking the magnify icon with a smart material does not produce a scaling window. It will allow you to zoom in and out. Inadvertently broken?

4.7.24 [stable]

- Textures->Calculate cavity got important update. Now you may mix loacl cavity (usual) and long-range smoothed cavity (sampling based). It allows to get much better quality for PBR usage because many things depend on cavity quality.

- Transform tool in paint room got "Scale around center" option.

- Connector with PS works correctly with layers folders.

- Tweak room's selection now visible (there was longstanding problem).

• Like 5

Hi, maybe it is just me, but 3D-Coat Crashes everytime when I do this (see video):

( I was using this for something else, but the bug is still here too )

• Start 3DC
  • Make a new 3D Voxel
  • Hit Spacebar
  • Click the Sketch tool.
  • Everything Crashes. ( Tried this 10 times same thing keeps happening)

Greetings Speike

2017-02-11.mp4

58 minutes ago, Speike-Styles said:

Hi, maybe it is just me, but 3D-Coat Crashes everytime when I do this (see video):

I cannot get access to the MP4 file but when I make your steps there are no crashes.

7 hours ago, Speike-Styles said:

• Start 3DC
  • Make a new 3D Voxel
  • Hit Spacebar
  • Click the Sketch tool.

Greetings Speike

2017-02-11.mp4

Looks like you're on Win10, can you provide us with your system specs as well?

Hi, It seems that the problem only starts with the Cuda GL Version because with the DX version works perfectly fine.

-my Specs i7600k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, Atx Z170-P W10 OEM (Custom Made)

12 hours ago, Vipera said:

I cannot get access to the MP4 file but when I make your steps there are no crashes.

5 hours ago, Javis said:

Looks like you're on Win10, can you provide us with your system specs as well?

3 hours ago, Speike-Styles said:

Hi, It seems that the problem only starts with the Cuda GL Version because with the DX version works perfectly fine.

-my Specs i7600k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, Atx Z170-P W10 OEM (Custom Made)

Thanks! I'll try the CUDA GL version. :)

18 hours ago, Speike-Styles said:

• Start 3DC
  • Make a new 3D Voxel
  • Hit Spacebar
  • Click the Sketch tool.

Greetings Speike

2017-02-11.mp4

Ok. I tried a few times on CUDA GL version. On builds 4.7.23 & 4.7.24. I couldn't get a crash. I even used the Sketch tool, still no crash. I'm on Win7, geforce GTX760, intel i7 4770K, 16BG DDR3.

Also, try uninstalling 3DC completely, rebooting your machine, then reinstalling 3DC and trying again. There may be some latent issue from an older build causing instability with the build you're using. If that doesn't work, is there anything else in your setup that might help troubleshoot?

1 hour ago, Javis said:

Ok. I tried a few times on CUDA GL version. On builds 4.7.23 & 4.7.24. I couldn't get a crash. I even used the Sketch tool, still no crash. I'm on Win7, geforce GTX760, intel i7 4770K, 16BG DDR3.

Also, try uninstalling 3DC completely, rebooting your machine, then reinstalling 3DC and trying again. There may be some latent issue from an older build causing instability with the build you're using. If that doesn't work, is there anything else in your setup that might help troubleshoot?

I am guessing it was just how my Layout was set up as shown in the Video. It most Probably screwed with some hidden bug. It will go away by del the Document settings :)

I only posted because I believe that this is useful input for our Dev to be aware ^^ But thanks for the tips, good thing then that it was just on my side :)

PS: I enjoyed watching some of your YT Videos they have Potential.

I think I've found a bug. Please see this short video. It has to do with 3D Coat NOT assigning multiple UV maps to multiple objects on Import. It only happens SOMETIMES. Please advise if there's a workaround? IOW, can I assign objects separate UV maps AFTER they are imported? Thanks!

The OBJ files are at:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3788438/3D/3dcbug12.zip

Edited by chippwalters

Is not a bug.

To every object need to be assigned their own material.

• Like 1

Is not a bug.

To every object need to be assigned their own material.

I don't understand. Why does it work in one case and not in the other case?

In the first example, every object got assigned it's on material.

In the second example, all objects got assigned the same material. There is no difference in any of the settings on import. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. I think I now understand. There is a material assigned from MoI, but it is only a color, and as such it is not a real material and as such is not assigned a "new" UV map. But then why does it work in the first instance (cube NO RADIUS) and not the second. 

The workaround for me is to open in SketchUp, assign any material with an image map associated with it, and then export as OBJ-- then it works. If you only assign a color material in SU, then it shows in the open dialog yet still does not build a UV Map for it.

I contend it is a bug as it should not show the different materials in the dialog if there is no UV Map for them. IOW, when I check Treat materials as separate textures AND it shows the different materials, it should ALWAYS create UV Maps for them, just as it did in the CUBES example (but not in the RADIUSED CUBES example). See below:

3dcImportObj2.jpg

Big problem with Tangent Smooth tearing holes in mesh.

2017-02-12_1125.png2017-02-12_1127.png

Then I run into this problem:

2017-02-12_1345.png

This with the latest '24' build.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:15 PM, chippwalters said:

OK. I think I now understand. There is a material assigned from MoI, but it is only a color, and as such it is not a real material and as such is not assigned a "new" UV map. But then why does it work in the first instance (cube NO RADIUS) and not the second. 

The workaround for me is to open in SketchUp, assign any material with an image map associated with it, and then export as OBJ-- then it works. If you only assign a color material in SU, then it shows in the open dialog yet still does not build a UV Map for it.

I contend it is a bug as it should not show the different materials in the dialog if there is no UV Map for them. IOW, when I check Treat materials as separate textures AND it shows the different materials, it should ALWAYS create UV Maps for them, just as it did in the CUBES example (but not in the RADIUSED CUBES example). See below:

3dcImportObj2.jpg

Hey Chipp,

Try "Keep UV's" for UV Mapping Type.

I think what you are seeing is a function of a Hierarchy that kicks in with NURBS that keeps a "Parent Child" relationship, and the auto mapper is not traversing it well. You can see this if you fillet your cubes "individually" and pay attention to which you do first and last, then correlate it to the "single color" that you are getting on the import. (It should even manifest itself with the "pick order" when you fillet all 3 cubes at once!

You could probably get a more accurate discussion from Michael, though....

Hey Chipp,

Try "Keep UV's" for UV Mapping Type.

I think what you are seeing is a function of a Hierarchy that kicks in with NURBS that keeps a "Parent Child" relationship, and the auto mapper is not traversing it well. You can see this if you fillet your cubes "individually" and pay attention to which you do first and last, then correlate it to the "single color" that you are getting on the import. (It should even manifest itself with the "pick order" when you fillet all 3 cubes at once!

You could probably get a more accurate discussion from Michael, though....

Yes. That works just fine. Andrew told me the same in a support ticket email. One caveat: when using SketchUp, it can crash 3DC. I try and keep the UV size to something small, like 64 when importing that way-- seems to help.

Much appreciated, Burrman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tube Clay with a constant pressure, spacing of 1%, and a sharp default circular alpha. This does not happen with other default circular alphas. Somehow this alpha makes the tool explode the mesh.

screenshot_17-02-14_19_46_10.jpg

Edit: Just noticed I was using an alpha from Artman's presets. However this is the same alpha that ships with 3D-Coat if I'm not mistaken. And the interesting fact is that the one from "default" folder doesn't cause this issue.

Edit2: Okay, the default one also causes this issue. I forgot to reset the spacing to 1%.

Edited by ajz3d

Due to a problem I was having with 3DV 4.7.06  it was advised ver 4.7.24 should resolve the issue which it did.

Original post here

However after upgrading to 4.7.24 the various Alphas I installed in 4.6.06 the folder name displays but the contents do not.

They are installed in the path C:\Users\kenmo\Documents\3D-CoatV47

is this a bug? And how do I resolve this?

FileLocation.jpg

3DC 4-7-06.jpg

3DC 4-7-06-RepScales.jpg

3DC 4-7-24.jpg

3DC 4-7-24-RepScales.jpg

Edited by kenmo

Can anyone confirm that start points of the Fit tool do not show up in the viewport?

The latest release is 4.7.24 

Can you test that one ? 

Ty

40 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

The latest release is 4.7.24 

Can you test that one ? 

Ty

Unfortunately, they don't show up in version 4.7.24 either.

By the way, Update Islands from retopo and uv rooms doesn't seem to work. It should update all islands where UV seams have changed since the last unwrap, either by splitting them or merging together without the need of another unwrapping. At least this is how I understand the tool's description.

But it doesn't to anything. In fact, I don't recall it to be working in any past 3D-Coat version.

Edited by ajz3d

3DC version 4.7.24

This post is concerning Zone of Control Spheres problems again. I spoke of the problem several months ago.  Please fix soon as this feature is very important to work correctly and atm is a workflow killer. 

The ability to save your Zone of Control Spheres with the file or a separate saving function.

Ability to create create zones of control not just globally also per uv set. 

Fix this bug:  When you have several ZOC spheres placed and press "OK", then reopen the dialog box again and press cancel all your ZOC's are removed. 

Another post by a user concerning the problem with the ZOC spheres.

Edited by digman
  • Like 1