3DCoat Forums

Materials stop working completely. Sort of [Solved]

motrJR

Well... I don't know how to phrase this correctly to search for it so here it goes:

Often times I will open up the program and all of the materials on my model go awry. It's hard to say how... I don't have enough knowledge to do that. It's still there but missing a lot of depth and color, etc. 

For example, on one that I constructed for glass I can literally see a parking lot scene with a couple of cars that when fully working would be obscured by the other characteristics of the material. Right now the only solution I have is to literally click on every layer and reclick the material. As you can imagine, this gets to be very time-consuming. 

Is there something I don't know that I could be doing to cause this or to correct it more effectively??

Edited by Carlosan

Ugh. Of course right after I posted this I tried simply reopening the file (for a different reason) and it's all working well. I guess that's all I have to do every time. Never mind.

• Like 1