3DCoat Forums

Hey folks, recently finished this sculpt. Wanted to practice sculpting a bust, and sculpting facial features. Always down for feedback, and would love to hear what you think!

-cheers

sculpted/rendered in 3d coat - color correction and minor editing in photoshop

image.jpg

• Like 8

Nice job SG.   

A  technical question for you. Was the plinth lying flat on the ground? I have been having a go with the renderer recently and it does not seem to render the shadows properly around the base of stuff that is lying on the plane I made,everything looks like it is floating above ,even if I bury it a bit below.....mystery.

3 hours ago, stusutcliffe said:

Nice job SG.   

A  technical question for you. Was the plinth lying flat on the ground? I have been having a go with the renderer recently and it does not seem to render the shadows properly around the base of stuff that is lying on the plane I made,everything looks like it is floating above ,even if I bury it a bit below.....mystery.

I give it a smidge of space actually. For the render shes actually floating about a half inch off the ground. I do this so i can get some nice occlusion going. 

On 6/27/2016 at 5:06 PM, Suburban_Ghost said:

Hey folks, recently finished this sculpt. Wanted to practice sculpting a bust, and sculpting facial features. Always down for feedback, and would love to hear what you think!

-cheers

sculpted/rendered in 3d coat - color correction and minor editing in photoshop

Looks solid to me. The body has a natural weight to it and the gravity feels realistic. 

Job well done.