3DCoat Forums

Snapping vertices in different layers

Smolli

Hi,

still trying out the trial version and of course still somewhat confused about the 3D-Coat way of doing things.

Eg, I imported a model from Lightwave as normal Meshes as it's Low-Poly and I would like to fix some issues and enhance some things.

I noticed that I can't snap to vertices or do anything outside of my active layer. In Lightwave I like having my parts split into layers to be able to concentrate on these.

Is there a way to snap (eg move a vertex to another that is in another layer? I can't imagine that this is not possible, bit I couldn't find out how to do it. This is a standard procedure in LW.

Thanks!

I think I got it somehow now. Not entirely sure what I did though :) 

The problem I have now, is that with so many parts I wish there was a way to simply click on a polygon and have the appropriate layer set to active. Sometimes (I don't know why) the active layer suddenly changes and I have the polygons created on the wrong layer, or I am wondering why I can't create new polygons.