3DCoat Forums

Werner's 3D Coat Journey

Werner_Z

• Advanced Member

Hi.  New here so here it goes.

This will be the place where I post work in progress stuff. Hope this will help me to better my art and also to learn new techniques using the awesome tool 3D Coat.

Lets kick off with my first doodle...Still finding my feet, but I'm loving every moment of 3d Coat.

Dude_101.jpg

Dude_102.jpg

Dude_103.jpg

Dude_104.jpg

• Like 4

• Reputable Contributor
5 hours ago, Werner_Z said:

Thanks Garagarape!    On to the next speed sculpt. :)

Hit that mug with one or more of the Skin brushes in that preset pack, and see what he looks like. Also, under the mainpage's Download tab, there is a section for brushes, and someone has a set of hair brush alphas.

http://3dcoat.com/download/resources/?tx_resources_pi1[uid]=19&tx_resources_pi1[cat]=1

Wonder how much better this sculpt would look if you used one or more of those on the beard, to break it up a little. Still looks pretty cool as is.

• Advanced Member

Thanks, there are some great aplhas and brushes...downloaded them all. :)

I'm doing as many speed sculpts as possible at this stage just to learn 3d-Coat. Might get back to this model later on, but I'm kind of over the over sculpted micro details one finds on the zbrush galleries. I will however do some work on the beard to enhance the look a bit.

Thanks again for the link.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Here is a quick edit of some of the shots we worked on for a local film called 'Frank & Fearless'.

I sculpted and textured the rhino in 3d-Coat. Rigging and animation was all in Houdini.

• Like 6

• Advanced Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate the response.
Just wanted to mention that I forgot to ad Mark Zimmer's name as the rigger. He did an amazing job building the rig in Houdini.

The rhino was sculpted before sculpt layers, and it would have helped so much. Next time.