3DCoat Forums

Installed materials doesent show in material tab! BUG?

SIgor

Hi guys,

here is my problem, when I download custom materials from your site from RESOURCES, after installing them, nothing is showing in the TAB manager under materials. 

What m I missing here? 

InsExtension01.jpg

InsExtension02.jpg

InsExtension03.jpg

Regards,

Igor

• Reputable Contributor

There is only one material among them. Bricks, and after testing, the images are there but they are not setup as a smart material. You can create them as a smart material by click on the NEW icon and in the panel that pops up click the Color channel icon and locate the image map you want to use. This resource is nothing more than a folder with Brick images. Before PBR was implemented you would just see the images as flat thumbnails. There is no indication on that resource page that this is a Smart material pack. 

I'll tell Andrew to make sure they put some kind of note to clarify this, or just remove it.

• Like 1

@AbnRanger, I have one more issue that I just cant solve. Look at the attachment please, now how can I remove those letters, what ever I do, that text always reappear there. 

But its just a case whit that one Smart Material, is it possible that I saved it somehow when I was editing that same material and now its somehow imbeded there. 

I really dont know how else I could explain this. 

Regards,

Igor

chesa.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

Have you tried hiding all the paint layers until you've isolate the one that may be causing this? One of them may have residual glossiness or metalness on it or something? Once you find which layer it is on, you can reduce the opacity of each channel, on that layer, there in the Layer panel. That's my guess.