3DCoat Forums

can we lock the background image to the camera?

metrons

Say i've added my hdri image for the sculpt room, ive got my light where i want it, i rotate around my model and the back is all dark. so i have to rotate my image to where my camera is now. Can we lock the image so it rotates with the camera? i think this could be very useful as i have a huge library of images and ive yet to find one that is perfect for all camera angles. 

cheers

• Advanced Member

Yeah sorry ,I just left that box checked ,cos its how I usually have it. I f you uncheck it ,the background moves with the cam, is that what you meant?

Checking the box locks the environment to the view window.

Unchecking the box locks it to the camera.

Im confusing myself now .... I assume you have tried both...

I tend not to use pbr shaders for sculpting because I find them hard to see properly and as you say you can have dark areas.

I use a pic mat material( or is it mat cap? I get mixed up with these things...) for sculpting, specifically the default one they use for "Sculptris" this is not affected by the environment map ,it has  a nice contrasty look to it, and looks identical from any angle.

Sorry for rambling on.

thanks stusutcliffe. 

yeah, thast my problem too, i LOVE sculpting with the pbr but i'm constantly having to move my light. this is why i was hoping we could lock it to the camera. i think i'll request this as a feature maybe?