3DCoat Forums

[Solved] UVs Seams from Retopo and/or UVs room

MetalChest_WIP.png

I just finished this zbrush sculpt and struggle with 3DCoat. I did the retopo of a part of this mesh and began to work on the UVs just to make an XNormal test.

As most of the UV tools also exist in the retopo room, I defined my seams from there. But I tried every way I could figure out to export the mesh with UVs defined but when I open it from ZBrush, Max or any other app, there are : no UVs... I put the scene with seams from the retopo room in the link below if someone could help me to understand my mistakes or explain the way to export properly the mesh WITH UVs from the retopo room.

DOWNLOAD retopo with seams marked in the RETOPO ROOM here : http://mcassar.free.fr/3DCoat/Metal Chest Part1 UVs from Retopo Room.3b

MetalChest_SeamsRetopoRoom.png

As it wasn't working in the retopo room for me, and I also couldn't figure a way to get the mesh with seams from the retopo room in the UV room ... Well I imported the mesh and did all the seams again in UVs room this time. But it's the same ! When I export the .obj, it's got no UVs defined. I'm facing a wall there and would love to finish this mesh quickly. Understand how to do that would accelerate my workflow big time as UV unwrapping in 3DCoat is so damn cleverly thought, coded, and fast.

DOWNLOAD retopo with seams marked in the UV ROOM here : http://mcassar.free.fr/3DCoat/Metal Chest Part1 UVs from UVs Room.3b

MetalChest_SeamsUVsRoom.png

Thanks a LOT in advance to anyone who could help me understand what I do wrong here :) 

P.S : I precise (I just think about that) that I did a quarter of the retopo in 3DCoat then Used 3DSMax symmetry twice, in X and Y, put an edit poly on top of the stack, collapsed it then imported it in 3DCoat. Maybe that's the issue ?