3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marc Wakefield

[Solved] Stop vertex welding in retopo room

Hi guys! I hope you are all fine and dandy. :)

I am not sure if this should be in feature requests or here as it could well be an option / tick box I have missed.

Is there a way to turn off vertex welding in the retopo room?

I am using the retopo room to alter areas of an existing mesh via "use visible paint object as retopo" to correspond to 3d scanned objects from the sculpt room.

It all seems to work really well but some of the vertices are merging when they get too close.

I need the vertex number and order to stay the same for this object to work as a morph target. Has anyone else come across this "issue".?

Thanks very much in advance.

Use the Brush tool and make it tiny? Brush tool just moves without welding and if you need to move vertex by vertex you can make it small enough to just fit one vertex :)

Thanks for the reply. 

I was using the brush tool. (At least I think I was.) 

The "problem" seems to have sorted itself out now though. It's all working well and I can't even get the vertices to weld if I try.

Maybe I was using a different tool. 8-/

There's "Brush" and there's "Move" in the [Edit Geometry] fieldset.

Spectacle.L29481.png

Brush only moves vertices within the brush radius (closer centre get moved more, then kind of decreases proportionally going out), Move will move a vertex or edge or face depending on what you select, and will also weld points if you move one close enough to another one and they're within the brush radius (hence the suggestion to make the Brush radius tiny if you need to use Move which I seem to need to do if autosnap is off).  Just to be confusing they look the same and the Move tool uses the Brush radius XD You can tell which one you're using because the Move tool highlights the things it's over with yellow whereas Brush doesn't.

Spectacle.L29481.pngSpectacle.B29481.png

Move is on the left, Brush is on the right.

Glad your problem fixed itself anyway :)

Sign in to follow this