3D Coat Forums
do lo

batmobile 2016

Very cool shapes...It's a bit loose.  

I'd love to see it tightened up.  I bet it would look good if you used this a basis for a low poly retopo.  Then reimport the retopo mesh for further sculpting.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gbball said:

Very cool shapes...It's a bit loose.  

I'd love to see it tightened up.  I bet it would look good if you used this a basis for a low poly retopo.  Then reimport the retopo mesh for further sculpting.  

what do you mean loose? do you mean flatter and sharper?

yeah.  not necessarily flatter, but sharp where it's supposed to be sharper and well defined curves where there should be curves.  Like sports cars.

You have the most imortant part down which is a good and appealing design in terms of volumes and proportion.  The next part is getting it fully realized with more specific shapes.  

• Like 1

i see.

On 8/30/2016 at 11:33 AM, gbball said:

yeah.  not necessarily flatter, but sharp where it's supposed to be sharper and well defined curves where there should be curves.  Like sports cars.

You have the most imortant part down which is a good and appealing design in terms of volumes and proportion.  The next part is getting it fully realized with more specific shapes.  

i see . ok thx for that. i wanted rounder feel to it with no sharp angles. but u r right, i need well defined curves where there should be curves.  Like sports cars.

i fixed up the front wheel hubs and did a lil work on other front areas. id like to get this to look like g3 continuity.

untitled.148.jpg

untitled.149.jpg

Much better!

Going forward if you haven't already.  You'll want to create your elements seperately, like the wheels for example...and create them at the desired resolution before adding details.  That will save you from have to rework things too many times.  Looking good though.

• Like 1