3DCoat Forums

War Boys "Elvis", Mad Max Car

Javis

I've been working on a car from Mad Max, the War Boys "Elvis". I've got quite a bit of a done already, and posting it on The Foundry forums, now that I'm using 3DC for some of the assets, here we are. :) I'll try to update this thread when I update the TF thread as well.

All modeling done in Modo, except for the seats, which I sculpted in 3DC. Retopologized and baked the normal map in Modo.

I'm pretty much done modeling the engine, the body and interior. I am now moving on to the .50 cal..

Mad Max - Elvis - Interior WIP09.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another update that I finished a week or two ago. Just getting to updating the thread/gallery. Finished up modeling the mounted 50cal. Also finished up the UVs for everything, though that wasn't too difficult at the end, because I unwrapping as I finished modeling a part (same with the smoothing groups, finish those up when I'm UV mapping).

That's it for this update. More next time. large.5834014320e6f_MadMax-Elvis-UVs-Fin_Render.jpglarge.5834013d5dd06_MadMax-Elvis-FullWIP11b.jpglarge.58340140dcf5f_MadMax-Elvis-UVs-Fin.jpglarge.58340127ae01d_MadMax-Elvis-50CalWIP10c.jpglarge.5834012a57519_MadMax-Elvis-FullWIP11a.jpglarge.58340125e8a0f_MadMax-Elvis-50CalWIP10b.jpglarge.58340124696ef_MadMax-Elvis-50CalWIP10a.jpg

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

Looks awesome. Based upon the shape of those valve covers, it looks like the engine is based upon the old Chevy 348 & 409 blocks.... One of my favorite engines of the 1950s & 60s...

Look forward to more vehicle designs from you....

Nice eye there Ken. :) Those engines were cool btw, giant and powerful. Definitely don't make them like that anymore. It's cool too that they used them in smaller cars like the Ford 3 window coupe.

Thank you! I'm glad to see you on the forum here again so much. :)

I'm partaking in the beta of TB3. Are you on facebook by chance? I can get you on if you're interested (nothing crazy involved). PM me your facebook name/url or find me on there here and "friend" me. I'll get you on beta if you are. Here's my facebook url: https://www.facebook.com/javistjones

• Advanced Member

Thanks Javis! I've checked Marmoset Toolbag web page. It seems that they're gonna release 3.0 soon.
I've been very lazy for a while, unable to find the motivation after work (and a bit too much involved in rugby games);
but I'll try to do something with 3dCoat a little more.
By the way, is your new avatar done with Hexels2? I found it cool too!

On 11/24/2016 at 3:06 PM, Garagarape said:

Thanks Javis! I've checked Marmoset Toolbag web page. It seems that they're gonna release 3.0 soon.
I've been very lazy for a while, unable to find the motivation after work (and a bit too much involved in rugby games);

Hey! No problem. :) Looks like 3.0 is out now, at a good price too.

The new avatar is just something I found online, it's from Zelda: A Link to the Past, sort of. It's a mash up of Zelda and Portal. I don't remember who made it at the moment though. I thought it was pretty funny, and got tired of using pictures of myself. :p

As for Hexels, it's pretty neat looking. I haven't used it personally, yet. But I aim to at some point.

On 11/24/2016 at 3:06 PM, Garagarape said:

Hey! No problem. :) Looks like 3.0 is out now, at a good price too.

The new avatar is just something I found online, it's from Zelda: A Link to the Past, sort of. It's a mash up of Zelda and Portal. I don't remember who made it at the moment though. I thought it was pretty funny, and got tired of using pictures of myself. :p

• Advanced Member

Yep, 3.0 is out. I bought it, and ... surprise, my graphic card is too old (laugh).
Congrats for your Mad Max car. It is really cool.
I like old techniques too like the one use on your Zelda-Portal avatar;
it sometime keeps me away from 3D.
Cheers!