3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Nothing shows up in the tweak room

Argentum

No I didn't bake the model and yes, I can see it in the paint room, I even painted on it. However, it still doesn't show up in the tweak room. In fact, even if I start a new project with a regular sphere, or anything else for that matter, it still doesn't show up in the tweak room. How odd...I thank you for your assistance so far though, it's really appreciated.

• Contributor

I'm sorry but I have to ask this fundamental question. Are you 100% sure it is not your sculpt mesh that you see in Paint Room? Disable View->Show Voxels in Paint Room when you're in the Paint Room. If your mesh disappears, then you were painting on the sculpt mesh (with vertex colors) and sculpt mesh never shows up in the Tweak Room.

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ajz3d said:

I'm sorry but I have to ask this fundamental question. Are you 100% sure it is not your sculpt mesh that you see in Paint Room? Disable View->Show Voxels in Paint Room when you're in the Paint Room. If your mesh disappears, then you were painting on the sculpt mesh (with vertex colors) and sculpt mesh never shows up in the Tweak Room.

It seems that was the exact problem.  I was indeed painting on the sculpt mesh, how would one go about correcting this issue?

• Contributor
17 minutes ago, Argentum said:

It seems that was the exact problem.  I was indeed painting on the sculpt mesh, how would one go about correcting this issue?

If you want to preserve texture that you already have painted, you will need to retopologize and UV unwrap the sculpture, and then bake it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ajz3d said:

If you want to preserve texture that you already have painted, you will need to retopologize and UV unwrap the sculpture, and then bake it.

Okay, thank you for giving me your time.

On 9/19/2016 at 0:54 PM, Carlosan said:

Hi !

Before import the model at paint room for PPP, have the model a material applied first in your original app ?

And thank you for giving me your time as well Carlosan.