3DCoat Forums

Baked normal maps - jagged and low-res

Vykoukal

Hello guys, I´m currently trying to retopo my model and bake normals on it, but when I finish baking (on 4096 resolution) the texture is still jagged and there is a lot of unclear parts...

My workflow was modeling basics in voxel mode - adding details in surface mode - autopo - UV mapping (auto-mapping) - baking normal texture.

I´ve read that there can be an issue with auto UV mapping, since it´s creating pretty messy UV´s, but I have got really dense mesh so doing this manually would take a lot of time...

I´m attaching even one screenshot from paint room, I´ve tried to paint some bump details, but even those are pretty low-res...

Could you help me out of this please? I need to put this into Cinema 4D after and into complex scene, which is very hardware-heavy without retopo...

Thank you very much in advance!

2016-09-19 (3).png

2016-09-19 (2).png

2016-09-19 (1).png

2016-09-19.png

Hi Carlosan! I somehow figured it out :D I´ve made cleaner UV cuts and subdivided the texture if I´m expressing myself correctly :) 

But another problem appeared in Cinema 4D, as you can see, normal map is working really badly, I´m trying both native and Corona renderers and materials, but both are bad.

Do you have any ideas what should i fix there? I think color is exported correctly, but normal map is somehow weird...

Thank you!

2016-09-19 (4).png