3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Disappearing Smart Material Preview Window

nwitchell

Hi all,

I'm really enjoying the smart materials, but I keep running into a snag.  When I initially open 3DC and start working, selecting a smart material brings up the preview options at the top as well as a twirl down preview window to see the material applied to my model - sounds normal right?  This works great, but if I inadvertently close the preview options (which also closes the preview window) then select another smart material, the options pop back up, but I can't for the life of me get the preview window to come back!  I've looked at and clicked on everything I can think of to figure out the trick, but the best I could do was to get it to return when I open the smart material editor.  Better than nothing, but it only stays as long as the window is open, and I have to close/reopen the editor if I want to try another material, which can get pretty tedious.  Any ideas on how to call that preview window back permanently?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out what my mistake was. When I would select a smart material to bring up the preview, I didn't always have the brush as the active tool.  If I had any tool but the brush selected, the preview wouldn't show.  As soon as I switched back to the brush, my preview window would instantly pop back on.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...