3DCoat Forums

New tool

Cleitus

• Advanced Member

There is an idea to make a tool to squeeze in the form of a cylinder, sphere, cube or plane with the ability to transform, the similarity of the 2d mesh. And each grid square, for example of the cylinder will be squeezed out in the shape of the brush.

For example, you can make this form of the model without resorting to other 3d programs.

(Есть идея сделать инструмент, который будет выдавливать по форме цилиндра, сферы, куба или плоскости с возможностью трансформировать, на подобие 2d сетки. И каждый квадрат сетки, например цилиндра будет выдавливать по форме кисти.

Например можно сделать такую форму модели не прибегая к другим 3d программам)

2016-09-24_9-14-04.png

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

You could also use the CURVES tool  to create the single strip, with Radial symmetry turned on to create multiple simultaneous instances. I did this before with a button, that had ribs along the side. Use GENERAL CASE axis > select the center point. You can do this with the INSTANCER tool as well, with Radial Symmetry turned on

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

No problem. I do wish, however, that Andrew would create an option in the Symmetry panel, to center the Radial Symmetry Axis. As you can see in the video, it takes more effort to line it up (using a 2D grid), than is necessary. Could you email Andrew and request this? I'm afraid he won't listen if I request it, because I'm way over my request limit, and none of the things I've requested since 4.7 was released, has Andrew implemented.

Requests such as putting a copy of the CONDITIONS list menu (from the Paint Room) in the Sculpt Room. That way users have quick and intuitive access to cavity painting (for Freeze/Masking selections). It doesn't make much sense having to step into another workspace to access tools that are needed for sculpting in the Sculpt Room. Other requests include consolidating similar brushes, in Surface mode, into TOOL BROUPS, like Photoshop does with many of it's tools. They pack all the Marquee Selection tools under one icon. To access the others, you click on the arrow located in the lower right part of the icon. The Fill Brush should have the Lute brush consolidated into it's tool group, as it is a Fill tool in it's own right. It just works differently. Same thing goes for Mud and Mud2, Rapid and Rapid2, Scratches and Scratches2. Flatten and Chisel should be consolidated into a Tool Group.

This would reduce the number of buttons in the Tool Panel and reduce eye clutter....plus, it would make room for Andrew to add some of Artman's brush presets to be added to the default Brushes. There needs to be a POLISH brush....badly. Most trial users are not going to look for brushes in the Preset Panel. They are going to expect all the necessary and best brushes to be DEFAULT brushes, listed in the Tool Panel. Not tucked away and hidden in some secondary panel. 

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I agree with you. On account of the groupings of instruments would be nice. I also did a request to add a procedural filters for materials. But I think it's better to discuss it here on the forum, because some may not agree. But if Andrew thinks this is correct, then I think he can add these innovations into the program.

• Reputable Contributor

I meant "Tool Groups"...sorry for the typo. Yes, I have asked Andrew repeatedly for an extensive procedural noise library, as a noise generator in the Sculpt workspace, but also for use in Smart Materials and in the FILL tool. Would make life a lot easier, and create more realistic assets. I gave him a link to Bercon Maps, which is an OpenSource library, but he said it isn't easy to do. So, if you want anything that is a little difficult to do, you go to the back of the line, where your request never gets heard from again...unless you persist and persist and persist. Even then, the likelihood of it getting implemented is low, because there are so many EASY things that can be done ahead of it.