3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Depth stopped working in Paint Room

Shift Studio

Hi there.

On all types of painting, using regular or smart materials I can't get any depth to paint.

Strength of Brush Depth is set to 100. Layer Blending's 'Depth Opacity' is also set to 100%  

Tried on 3D Coat v4.7.7 and v4.5. Using OSX 10.11.6 - El Capitan

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

--shift studio.

• Advanced Member

First port of call is to make sure that you've enabled painting to depth. Up in your top-bar area you should have three spheres, a blue, green and black one. These are Normals/Depth, Colour, and Gloss/Roughness. If the blue one has a white X over it, it means you're not painting any depth, regardless of what you choose to do.

Edited by Gary Dave

3 hours ago, Gary Dave said:

First port of call is to make sure that you've enabled painting to depth. Up in your top-bar area you should have three spheres, a blue, green and black one. These are Normals/Depth, Colour, and Gloss/Roughness. If the blue one has a white X over it, it means you're not painting any depth, regardless of what you choose to do.

Hi Gary. 

Thanks for the response. Yup, I knew that one already. I see I didn't mention it above, but this has been working in the past - its just been the past two or three days.

Whats the second port of call?

Thanks!