3D Coat Forums
thinkinmonkey

Sculpt: export depth along Y: difference viewport/output images

Hello,

I'm exporting the depth of a sculpt to be used later as alpha for a brush in paint room.

The problem I'm having right now is there's a mismatch between what I see in the viewport, as you can see here:

export_a..jpeg

and what 3DCoat exports, as you can see here:

export_result.png

After a rapid investigation, I'm very newbie with 3DCoat, I discovered 3DCoat use the defaul Camera position, ie if I reset the viewport will be this, which seems to me to match the exported images:

export_b..jpeg

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something, so my question is: how do I tell 3DCoat to use the actual viewport camera to export the depth?

Thank you very much in advance, please, help me! :D

export_c..jpeg

export_color.png

export_normalmap.png

Mmm... for what I'm experimenting it seems I have to put Patch size to 100, while Texture has to be to desidered final image size, and I have to verify the camera in ortographic mode.

Does that make sense?

Thank you again.

Sometimes we are having trouble scaling the sculpted object to fit the texture without trial and error exports.

Hi Carlosan,

ah, really? Mmm... I mean good to know it's not just me, but to be honest, it should be something really straightforward, but probably I have to use 3DCoat even more in order to understand the philosophy behind it.