3DCoat Forums

Tool palette really slow

Since I first discovered 3DCoat, there had been many updates but this issue remains. Right now for example I'm painting this Luigi

https://sketchfab.com/models/63fb8d46f54042d4afbf197f80555ec1

And if picking colors from an image in the "Color Palette" is really fast, jumping from the few tools I use all the time :  Sampler Tool, Brush Tool, Eraser Tool takes a LOT of waiting time. The Brush tool always reacts quickly but the others are really slow. It's impossible to get a good workflow with an interface of tools (everything else works damn fine) that respond so slowly.

I've been using 3DCoat for a few months now. Updated it every time there was an update. My computer is far from being a snail. I tried DX or GL version, ... dunno what else to do.

Do you all have this issue ? Is there a way to accelerate the reaction of tools that become activated on average more than 6 sec after I clicked on them ? ...

Edited by hansolocambo@gmail.com

really ? Well this would be great. Hopefully it will make a difference. Funny Coincidence I was still painting my Luigi and just decided to stop because of those annoying waiting time between my clicks and the soft response. I'm glad to read you and hope you're right. I'll test that tomorrow ! But it feels like it might decrease the eventual slowness when painting on very heavy meshes... I'll let you know.

Worst case scenario, my Luigi is nearly finished now. I abandoned picking colors on the mesh, it's just impossible to work this way. I made a screenshot of my mesh, loaded the shot in the color palette and pick from there. It's weird but it works better...

https://sketchfab.com/models/8080eb1be4f84cce9d86c436cb9118da

Edited by hansolocambo@gmail.com