3D Coat Forums
Michaelgdrs

(InstantLight) real time pbr renderer WITH GLOBAL ILLUMINATION

Client test for VR usage PASSED.
Many thanks to 3D Coat and Quixel for creating those amazing software's so artists can create great works.

Zombie Lab Scientist 
Rendered with Instant Light

Collaborations : 
Michael Bitsakis for Feature VR Game , Test from client PASSED!!!

Model :Michael Bitsakis

Lead 3D Artist : Michael Bitsakis

Software :3D Coat : for sculpting , retopo and Bake , paint for main character 
Quixel Suite : for Painting the mask prop.

Renderer : Instant Light Realtime PBR Renderer.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/x2B5R

michael-bitsakis-zb-2.jpg?1478509387

michael-bitsakis-zb-1.jpg?1478509385

michael-bitsakis-zb-3.jpg?1478509389

• Like 1

Hi Michael,

Just like to thank you for your quick response to my earlier post.  Very satisfied with your outstanding customer service.  I wish you all the success with Instant Light.

• Like 1

Hey Shane , no worries all good.

New featured artist!!!

Our AMAZING Artur J. Żarek  (Ajz3d)

http://www.instantlightrt.com/featured-artists.html

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/AgPXm

michael-bitsakis-apollo-6.jpg?1479024390

michael-bitsakis-apollo-1.jpg?1479024392

michael-bitsakis-apollo-7.jpg?1479024392

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 2

Very excited to announce that we are heading for the first PUBLIC BETA DEMO

Alpha 0.9.89

Nov 5 - 14

Stabilised all features
Added security and online login

From this point we will start adding our unique features and heading for the BETA DEMO .
First BETA DEMO point is estimated at Nov 25

• Like 1

HEEEYYYYYY Good Black Friday to all fellow artists That said , check Instant Light Discounts and first BETA FEATURE REEL , sweeeetttttttttttttt BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNTS We are ready to release our BETA DEMO by the end of the next week. We thought that this is a great opportubity to celebrate with you and since Black Friday is on the road we give both Pro and Indie Licenses $49 from $99 for the Pro and $25 from $39 for Indie. Oh by the way...... We got also our first Instant Light BETA Features Video out

ilrt-bf-2016.jpg

http://www.instantlightrt.com/

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 2

Any chance of this having a 3D Coat plugin, in the near future? If it is well integrated, Andrew could perhaps licensing it for V5? Would be a great alternative to ZBRush + Keyshot for ZB + Keyshot Bridge. One has to buy both a Keyshot for ZB license and the Bridge (plugin).

• Like 1

...went ahead and pre-ordered. Hope it goes well for you, Michael. Looks very promising, but yeah....a plugin to 3D Coat would pay the biggest dividends, IMHO. BTW, does it have a shadow catching material so it can be applied to a ground plane with an HDRI map as the environment/background? I wish 3D Coat had that, currently. Sorely missing.

• Like 1

Much appreciated for the support Don.

Yes it has a matte shadow material , so many features i left out of the first feature reel.

I am making a new reel from inside the software this time.

I am also interested to get it with 3D Coat , a bridge , a connection , must talk with Andrew but i think he is very very busy right now?

6 minutes ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Much appreciated for the support Don.

Yes it has a matte shadow material , so many features i left out of the first feature reel.

I am making a new reel from inside the software this time.

I am also interested to get it with 3D Coat , a bridge , a connection , must talk with Andrew but i think he is very very busy right now?

Understood. I just think you can immediately tap into the 3D Coat community with a plugin, and grow from there, if you had a plugin. It can render outside of 3D Coat, but it just needs some sort of live connection, so that changes in 3D Coat can be reflected in Instant Light. Floating Preview Panel or whatever. Even if it requires a SEND or REFRESH button, that would be integrated enough for me.

Maybe Andrew can have Carrots (Volodya) to work with you to get a plugin implemented?

• Like 1

I need to get all features out of BETA (more than 90% done ) and get it out for people to try first, working on a live brigde in general by the way.

Have many presales and i cant risk it to not catch the deadline.

Will keep you posted on progress.

After release we can do it ;)

Pre-Ordered Instant Light Pro today... The renderer is looking very good. Looking forward to the released beta and later a live connection with 3DC when your development schedule lets up. I know you are aiming for the first release of the beta and final release in December. 

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

You know too much......  ha hah ah ahahahahaahah

Thank you so much for the support David.

Yes , i want to bring out something really really good not just another plain renderer.

12 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

I need to get all features out of BETA (more than 90% done ) and get it out for people to try first, working on a live brigde in general by the way.

Have many presales and i cant risk it to not catch the deadline.

Will keep you posted on progress.

After release we can do it ;)

I didn't intend to add more to your plate prior to the release. Just meant in the near future, in general. :) It just occurred to me, that since Andrew was already trying to get Carrots to work on the native render engine, maybe you could help each other in a big, big way. Perhaps you and Andrew could work out a licensing arrangement, where he and Carrots handle the plugin integration and in return (starting with 3D Coat V5), he gets to license a copy of Instant Light (for every Professional version of 3DC) for a reasonable (volume) discount? A little give and take on both sides?  Maybe he could help insure it works with High Poly sculpts with PBR shaders and Smart Materials applied? Could be a boon for Concept Artists, so they don't have to spend a mortgage payment on Keyshot render.

Sorry if it seems like I'm meddling. Not trying to. I just see a lot of potential success for both parties, and we users stand to benefit from it. :D I think Carrots may be working on the brush engine, so this arrangement could save him from having to later, focus a long, long time on an in-house render engine overhaul, and  instead focus his energies elsewhere.

• Like 2

Oh no please dont get my sayings wrong.

I understand what you are trying to say and i agree.

Messaged Andrew allready for a possible collaboration , also said that you started this lolllllll   h h ahahaahahahhahahahahaahhahahh

34 minutes ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Oh no please dont get my sayings wrong.

I understand what you are trying to say and i agree.

Messaged Andrew allready for a possible collaboration , also said that you started this lolllllll   h h ahahaahahahhahahahahaahhahahh

LOL. :D I'll contact him and take the blame. Just trying to offer some ideas.

• Like 2

I know , and i truly appreciate this , if fact not only this , your whole attitude and support / help / friendship in general.

Question... When is the download of the beta available. The link provided in the e-mail it just downloaded two text files. Is it going to be able to download in the next 24 hours as that seem to be what is implied in the e-mail I received. Also I have no receipt from GumRoad except to say I pre-Ordered... Is that the receipt you are talking about.

I noticed at the Instant Light site it saids the beta will be released on December 25. Is that a typo error as at one time the official released was scheduled for Decemeber 25.

Please clarity this statement from the e-mail... Charged usually means in the USA that the funds have been withdrawn. This was not the the agreement as it was stated I  would not be charged till December 25th. I have not checked. I do believe this is just a wording statement and in fact nothing has been charged. I will check to be sure. Only bringing this to your attention as you might get others commenting on this statement. 

Your account has been charged with the current amount (with discount or not) when you made your purchase 

on Gumroad."

Instant Light..PNG

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

Hey David , no TYPO .

In the next hours is the FIRST OFFICIAL BETA DEMO FOR TESTING , working on a tutorial as we speak.

Dec 1st is the BETA DEMO then  is the RC1 , RC2 and so on up to the first Instant Light v1 on 25th.

Had to release on Gumroad as per agreement its not letting the user to get the product out.

P.S All licensed costumers can ask one feature for V1 , or a mod on the existing ones , roadmap will be released today as well.

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 3

How is it compared with Marmorset Toolbox 3?

Are there any Pros and Cons between yours and TB3?

• Like 1

You know i cant compare , professional or healthy to do especially at this time of period.

But i love your question as i can explain a few things a bit more.

What i will say is that our quality target and level is closer to offline render systems. 

All of my tests where always side by side with the latest (of each period of the development of IL) offline renderer systems.

I was always using an offline render , doing the best i could to make a great render and then i was trying to get this result with IL.

All development is build on this system. Not what an offline viewer can do based on the technology of  realtime / engine /  render could provide at that time.

Long story short , i started this tool because i wanted real time render with the quality of an offline renderer.

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 2

New tutorial covering :

Advance materials , light setup , HDRI setup , tips and Photo realistic rendering.

A must for new users and Beta Testers.

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 1

Greetings myclay , 

we have it programmed to work with substances and they can be animated , its a tested and out of Alpha feature.

But we need to clear some things , and thats if we can use substances (if Allegorithmic allows it) although we support it.

We are still under talking with Allegorithmic for an export preset and we will discuss for substances as well.

3D Coat and Quixel Suite already supported Instant Light with export presets.

Looking forward to trying this after xmas , hopefully  a demo will be available? But at the moment I am confused by the required computer specs needed. I have Win 7 64 pro sp 1. But my Gpu only supports Direct x 10. Will this work? I tried Marmaset 3 but it would not run because it is Direct x 11... I believe win 7 is Direct Draw 11 is this connected to Direct x .I have an awfull feeling I may need to upgrade GPU. ( my current card is Quadro FX 1800 by the way...it has shader 4 apparently, whatever that means? I notice your specs require  shader 3...)......I am always about 5 years behind when it comes to tech...

Thanks.