3D Coat Forums
Michaelgdrs

(InstantLight) real time pbr renderer WITH GLOBAL ILLUMINATION

On the Pre Release EXR is broken unfortunately due to the new render engine we added (F11) .

New render engine exports png and png masks !!!! on each F11 press.

But it broke the EXR , we fixed this issue and will be available again on the next update.

I uploaded an EXR to check the layers with the IO free plugin.

Instant_Light_0000.exr

Edited by Michaelgdrs

NP at all... I just downloaded the plug-in and did not even try IL exr exporting. I await the fix young maestro... :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Greetings Speike , 

getting straight into your questions.

3DC / IL is not fully finished yet. We are working on it , more bridges are coming up soon as we made contact with several platform holders and more than 90% where super positive on IL.

Ordered a new mic for the recordings , its the workstations noise that you hear there.

Poly cloth and Procedural cloth are already in (in our version in studio) , hoping to get them both in final Instant Light , was holding this as a surprise but since you asked here they are ;)

Live material to mesh what do you mean? Interactive materials in IL can get in any mesh you import. For Particles onto mesh is in our TODO list , in fact its out of alpha with great results allready , just needs to be polished.

UI theme changer will be in the final IL , in the next coming releases before Final Instant Light.

Multi screens , we have tested so far , but results where not so great , so many things to take under control , we left this for later releases 1.4 1.5.

Crashes is something i care a lot , on my hands , and trust me i use it a looottttt , it crashed 2 times and i knew it was going to crash with the model i imported.

If you remember how it crashed i would like you to send a bug report at support@instantlightrt.com and explain it please.

For buying it , i will just say it as simple as i can , just buy it , you will never regret it , updates are going to be so many and constant (not one tiny SUB feature and call it a version like most apps do nowadays) that IL can easily become your /  to the rescue tool /  very very easily. 

And if you buy it for $40 ohh , we dont have to discuss it at all.

Yeah thanks for the answer.

When I was talking about the Live Material Mesh will I was thinking of / A animation combined with Particles.. So to go more in depth: I have a Fireball that is a Mesh/OBJ/FBX / Next I have a texture that I would animate like ( in GIF Format for exp ) lava Without any Particles,  Now I would want to add in one seen one with effects and one without then export this into any Engine. ( My Fav would be UE4 ) Like even over a Plugin that would import it directly, something like what zBrush, allegorithmic, marmoset, SidefX does. Just with your terms. This should even be a Standard with 3D Coat, but you can only hope that theses features will be soon implemented. Because this is already a Industry Standard in all the Above as mentioned. I just do like like supporting the Gorilla in the room that is why I am supporting the smaller Industry that does not mean one should slack because they are not the top food chain. You know? :)

Greetings Speike.

• Like 1

Lets see if i understood what you mean here.

---> You want particles to be created in IL and exported /  transformed into other game engines.

We are working on several importers / exporters , and this is something we want to do ,

thats why we created the RTP (RealTime Particles) that you can already use in IL.

For Exporters We had success with Unity since we are using Unity 4 and  5 as well for the UI , transforms , some rendering elements and assets as well.

With unreal is a totally different story but we can try , challenges is something we love to do.

You are welcome , suddenly we got more requests on this and its official that we will start working on it more systematically from 1.3 or 1.4 depending the amount of time we will need to finish the procedural cloth (will upload progress on this shortly , SUPER FAST , 60+ FPS on cloth creation and manipulation with  EXTREMELY REALISTIC RESULTS)

Hey is there by any chance a Manuel being made?

I am a Book Worm and this is needed :)

BTW: I am getting great results and I see potential so keep up the good work :)

• Like 1

Thank you for the support and kind words Speike , we aim for even better results and already working on an unbiased render engine!!!!

Yes , we are working on video manual / tutorials and pdf as well.

UPLOADING PRE RELEASE 1.055

NEXT RELEASE WILL CONTAIN THE PROCEDURAL CLOTH CREATION

Instant Light PRE RELEASE PR1_055_R_2_2

----Core optimisations----
Code refactoring in a great degree is done before release of IL
SAVE LOAD ADDED water and water advance
Main Core UPDATED
Procedural cloth will propably make it to IL1!!!!
SEC updated
Coding routines and CO routines got updated

----Render Engine Updates----
Updated new F11 render engine for stability
NEW advance water shader , in next builds it will get its properties exposed for tweaking it.
FPS improvment
Lut engine updated
Camera effects all got updated
Explode engine got updated
Interactive weathering got updated
EXR engine got updated

----Additions----
Added option to add cameras in Realtime Render Room!!!
REMOVED ANIMATION HELPERS not needed anymore
Added hide and unhide 3d icons in LOOK DEV
When skybox is on then shadow catcher goes off automatically
On close it prompts user to do a new save for extra security (user can still exit without save if he wishes)
Added 360 mouse object spin in runtime and editor mode
On new scene water and water advance goes off by default.
Press [ ] to go from Look Dev back to the Editor ONLY IF icons dont show up for any reason

----Corrections----
Starting screen referring to BETA now refers to Instant Light
EXR now works
On camera floating menu Camera visualise DOF changed to On/Off
On F9 video recorder materials auto close now
On advance material Occlution now also has a blocker for UI

----Known BUGS----
In material / shaders FUR Gravity got disabled due to bug issue , will be re enabled in the next build
  • Like 1

Hi. It doesnt save scenes correctly for some reason. When I try to load scene file it searches for .ILR file, but none of saved files have that extension. Please check the screenshot in attachment. I tried two times, it is always 4 files: json, ajson, mdata and empty one.filename01.jpg

You need to type the .ilr as well.

Ok thanks. Please fix that in next update.

Also right now I see seams on my hard edges, while In Substance Painter and Marmoset everything is fine.

I use exporter preset you provided. And I use same FBX in Marmoset and in IR.

• Like 1

We are working on alternative solution for auto .ilr extension already.

Regarding SEAMS

Please DO send it as a bug to support@instantlightrt.com along with 

1) Screenshots

2) explanations

and

3) 3d model with textures so we can check and debug.

Hi again. Thanks for quick response. I tried to investigate and it looks like most of my trouble was caused by 16-bit PNG which I exported from Substance. 8-bit PNG looks much better.

Unfortunately I was testing render on a model which under NDA, cant share screenshots. I'll try to replicate problem on some simple object.

But aside from frankenstein interface i really like final picture. This product looks very promising. 

IL supports 8-bit out of the box FULLY AUTOMATICALLY especially on the normal and metallic / roughness  , 16-bit rendering methods are another story , we are working on it for better results.

New UI is under construction unfortunately it wont make it on the Official release .

Procedural cloth creation will though........ Polishing the basics and some advance features the last weeks.

Request with AUTO .ilr on save accepted and solved.

From next build on save it  , IL AUTO ADDS .ilr so you only need to type the save name BEFORE .ilr.

If you delete .ilr you need to RE TYPE IT to save .

I have question about cloth thing. Will it be mesh cloth sim, or there will be ability co create cloth patterns from scratch (like marvelous designer)?

• Like 1

It does both!!!!

User can 

1) Import cloth and simulate it and the export it

2) Create cloth from scratch , simulate and export.

We are currently finalizing and polishing the procedural part (2)

We love overkills lol

Speaking of the Procedural Cloth Engine in Instant Light here are some Cloth / Fabric High Quality wrinkles i made 

during the internal testing on the upcoming  PR2 release.

Fabric Wrinkles
MADE WITH PROCEDURAL CLOTH ENGINE OF INSTANT LIGHT 
(Upcoming Instant Light PR2 1.02 36) https://www.artstation.com/p/yqqOx

https://gumroad.com/products/CcvKy

michael-bitsakis-preview-cover-wringles.

michael-bitsakis-sculpted-alpha-details.

michael-bitsakis-il-procedural-cloth-eng

michael-bitsakis-sculpted.jpg?1491965015

michael-bitsakis-sculpted-baked.jpg?1491

michael-bitsakis-10.jpg?1491965420

Edited by Michaelgdrs

Sorry for beeing stoopid - but how do I import textures and assign materials to my imported obj or fbx?

And scaling seems and issue - couldn´t find a tool for rescaling (my model seems to be like 1000x too large for the start-scene setup)

kind regards

Ok - I´ve found out, how materials work (but still not, how to scale objects by a factor)

Anyways, I got another question/proposal for water and fur shader: How about having them applied to an object by mask?

Like having a black & white mask, white = water / grass / fur - this would be totally awesome I think.
From what I´ve figured out, you can apply this fx only to the whole object, but not to just parts or specific areas of it.

Besided of that, I think there is a lot of funtionality already implemented. What´s lacking the most is UI and menus. I hope, this gets much more
streamlined and overhauled in later versions. Same goes for the icons - most of them are too hard to remember and do not reflect the meaning of
their functions (if you ask me).

Best Regards

Greetings Karsten , 

i strongly advice you to have a look at the tutorials , IL is extremely easy to use and understand , for UI when extra commands are needed it will pop up the floating menus (just like 3D Coat)  so you have everything on your fingertips.

Got the advices , we are working / have it on the TODO list tocreate masks for the FUR and SHORT HAIR.

For Interactive MATERIALS WATER mask can also be applied.

UI you either LOVE it or HATE it , we are working on it.

Edited by Michaelgdrs