3DCoat Forums

Not Showing In App (Steam Version)

ScrotieFlapWack

If you get a message window trying to launch 3DC that says, "Application error", "Problem checking Steam application." you must exit your Steam software and re-launch Steam as an Administrator to resolve this error.

• Advanced Member

I think what ScrotieFlapWack (love the name) is saying, is that every game/program/video that you launch on Steam will change your status to a sort of "actively doing this thing". ie, if you run Portal 2, it will show you as playing Portal 2. This also tracks the hours that you've been using things. 

In the case of 3dc, it does not recognise that you are using it, nor does it track the time you've spent in it. (I've been on 311 hours for a few months now, so it was working at some point, but I don't remember when it stopped working)

It doesn't actually stop you from using the software, so I can understand this being a low priority issue. It's just an annoying little thing, plus it used to work just fine, so something's gone wrong.

Edited by Gary Dave

• Advanced Member

Yeah, as Gary Dave said when loading 3D - Coat up through my Steam library it doesn't seem to track me using it. When I load up 3D - Coat my status on Steam changes to using 3D - Coat for about 2 seconds and then puts me back online. This is a tad bit annoying because I'll be working in 3D - Coat and my friends will be asking me to join a game with them because my status shows me as 'Online' and not in 3D - Coat.

Also Gary is right, it doesn't track your hours at all. I think this issue has been raised before (by before I mean about 2 years ago) and it never got fixed. I really hope this get's fixed, it's such a small problem and seems to be something that (probably) can be easily fixed.