3DCoat Forums

Export for animation

davide445

Ok this is the last part of my activity.

Finally got my model painted with the original texture. Now want to export it to animate the butterfly in Akeytsu.

Right now Akeytsu accept only fbx files. Tried to simply export it but no texture is recognized.

I'm confused about the next step. Need I to retopo? Need I to create UV? Need I to bake? All of them? Baking always need UV?

The model itself is high poly, but since it's a simple animation I'll leave it so just to start testing the process if this cut some steps.

All the texture it's on Layer 1.

Butterfly original painted w picture.JPG

Edited by davide445

Yes I supposed was so. Looking at many tutorials appear to be a big work, considering also my model with many non symmetrical and non regular details. Retopo appear to be manageable with autotopo but I'm scared with UV mapping, and I have no knowledge about baking paths. Next I need to add (learn) rigging skinning and animation in Akeytsu and finally render it in Unity.

Since I have just this week to obtain a result I was thinking if creating a 2D/sprite animation will be faster.

The animation I want to create is very simple, just the butterfly moving his wings, I suppose I can just create every single pose and next render it, creating a sequence of images.

Any way to move in 3DC the whole wing down and up?

Edited by davide445

• 2 weeks later...

Want to make some tweak to mine animation.

Reopened 000.3b file and show the model darkened on the sides as in the image.

I didn't change anything since last time, other 001 and 00x file show the same behavior. All other rooms (Sculpt, Render) show the same problem. Bottom part is darkened also. Trying to switch off simmetry didn't make any difference.

Any suggestion is welcomed, since my opton is to repaint all from scratch.

Paint black.JPG

Edited by davide445

Last step: want to replace the paint with a new smart material, coming from the image of the oil painted butterfly.

But if I repaint every keyframe 000.3b 001.3b etc the paint details will be never come on the same position and the animation show jumpy colors.

Any way to simply export the texture (or whatever is, the layer with my paint maybe...here come my ignorance about 3d painting) and re-apply it on the same butterfly with wings in a different position.