3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] 3DC freezing my computer

Robert G

Hello all,

Before I did not have this problem, but now 3d Coat freezes my computer and the only way out is to shut the computer down and start new, this is in surface mode. Both openGL64 and the Dx version 4.7.06 gives me this trouble :-(

Even a restart would not work. I attached a screencap of the memory taken by my loaded model. Surely this should not be a problem right?

Many thanks, Robert

3DcoatSurfaceMode.JPG

Edited by Robert G

Thanks gentlemen :-)

@Tony Nemo I have 16 Gig installed, not spectacular, I know, but should be ok I guess?

@Michaelgdrs Also after updating the driver for my Geforce GTX580, the problem insisted. But yes somehow it seems to be related since I had a few weird display Hich-Ups where I had to close 3Dcoat and restart to see my model properly.

In the mean time I did some Windows7 Update, it seems that the computer did not do any update for 9 months, don't know if its related though.

Kind regards, Robert

• Like 1

Thanks Michael,

Working on it right now, but after updating to the latest GPU driver still the same problem.

3Dcoat went to a black screen few times after some disturbance on the screen, only thing I could to was to shut down the computer and then start a new.

Funny thing is that with both Cinema4D and Rhino, [[I don´t have any problem.

Also checked the temperatures of the processor, that looks quite alright also.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Had similar issue with 3 drivers version back , maybe 4 , talked with Don  (AbnRanger) and told me about Nvidia drivers.

This was my problem , on the next drivers update , (uninstalled and re installed 3D Coat as well) issues where gone.

That sounded very promising, unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

I tried a few times to roll back/update the driver together with re-installing 3dCoat with various results, sometimes 3dCoat started to freeze sooner, sometimes it seemed alright for a while.

I decided to download and use Furmark to see if I could discover something about the Georce card.

Right after I do the stress test the same things happens, there is not even time to see the temperature going up but after freezing up I feel the temperature of the card much higher then before.

Don't know if cleaning reapplying thermal past would help since all goes so sudden.

20 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Can you perform same test using ?

C:\Program Files\3D-Coat-V4-yourfoldername-\3D-CoatGL64C.exe

Thanks Carlosan,

No unfortunately, still same problem.

Did some more testing; it seems  that now Cinema4D Freeses my computer at 1.800 000 vertices loaded.

Kind regards, Robert

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] 3DC freezing my computer