3DCoat Forums

A collaborative Monster art project

MotherShaBooBoo

Hi everyone this was a collaborative project I have been working on with and extraordinary concept/comic book artist Gary O Donnell. You can check out  he's interview at comic book weekly here http://comicbookinterviews.weebly.com/interview-gary-o-donnell.html

Also Gary's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/garyodart1/?fref=ts

So check out he's page if you need concept art.

Torso_02.jpg

gary-o-donnell-snake-head-fin.jpg

• Like 2

Handsome fella ain't he O_O Was it as hard as it looks? Don't think you quite got the same kind of creepy face, but I think you did a pretty decent job given how crazy the model looks.  Did you pick the colour scheme or did that come with the monster? Looks all right overall :)

Well I have got to admit the project was just a nightmare to do, The model had vertically no symmetry to it from the beginning. it was very difficult to get close to the same perspective as the artwork. And by the time it come to paint it I was basically over the project anyway and basically out of ideas. :D It wasn't a paid project so it was just to learn more about using 3D coat as I have just been using it a few months now.  Oh well I will try harder next time :D