3DCoat Forums

Transforming in Paint Room and creating a plane underneath

olmi57

Hi! Welcome. :)

Before moving anything in 3DC, it is worth noting that if you transform it there, you'll need to re-transform your object in whatever DCC/game engine  you're using. Assuming you want to keep it at the same coordinates it's at upon import. That out of the way, you can move it in the Tweak room, using the Transform tool. The gizmo is similar to other applications. As for creating a plane, you can create one in another application and import it into 3DC, or you can go to the Sculpt room, create a plane using a primitive, then "bake" it to the Paint room using the Bake>Bake for PPP menu option. Then it will appear in the Paint room. Personally though, I would just model one quickly in another application and import it from File>Import.

EDIT: Just for clarification, edits made in the Tweak room are done upon "Paint Objects". Paint Objects are directly editable in the Paint, Tweak and UV rooms only.

• Like 1

Hi Javis, and thanks for the welcome !

Following your advice I have switched from Paint to Tweak Room, -> Transform -> Move, getting the gizmo, but no chance to move the objects up...

The only thing moving is the gizmo itself. Even no chance to select the gun.

I'm afraid my former experiences with other programs are useless within 3D Coat.

Image2.jpg

Hi! My pleasure. :)

I should have given a bit more instruction. Apologies! First you'll need to select something, then you can move it. In the Tool Options panel (the popup in the top left of your screen), you can select a number of things. I would do Select Objects, and then in the Stroke Modes panel (the little icon showing a brush stroke near the top left of the screen, above the Tool panel, but below the Tweak room tab), select a lasso mode, then you can lasso select everything, and now you should be able to transform the objects.

Again, sorry about that. I hope you weren't in a rush or in crunch. Hope this helps.