3DCoat Forums

Textured High Poly baking to UV'd Low Poly

JodiXD

Hi 3D Coat Users!

Okay, so I'm very new to 3D Coat, and I'm having some trouble baking... I've been trying for hours to figure out how to bake a high poly model (That does NOT have UVs, and that HAS been painted in 3D coat already) onto a low poly (Has UVs but no textures).

I tried out the texture baking tool in the paint menu, but it only gave me an empty colour map instead of the details I've painted (Though granted, it was kind of in the shape of the low poly UVs).

I tried messing around in the Retopo tab too, but whenever I AUTOPO and UV the high poly, it doesn't apply the UVs that I create. I can see them in the preview in the retopo tab, but when I jump back to the paint tab I just get an empty checkerboard texture editor panel.

I've just tried importing my low poly into the retopo tab, and I can see it, but I don't know how to apply the geometry from this to the model (I've managed to bake out a normal map for the high poly already by exporting it as an .obj and running it through xnormal), so at this point all I really want is the colour/diffuse map, which doesn't really need the high poly.

I'm sorry, I know this probably sounds confusing, but I'm really stuck!

Thanks in advance!