3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Lock framerate ?

PolyHertz

Go to solution Solved by SERGYI,

• 4 months later...

I would love this aswell. Both gpu's I've had scream when using 3dcoat, (the only program that seems to do it) and it can't be good running at about 800 fps.

It's mildly annoying having to run nvidia inspector everytime I wanna use the program and it does not seem to solve it everytime.

Thumps up for the option of capping it at 60fps. Please!!!

• Like 1

This may be the issue I'm having with 3d coat causing my laptop to shutdown even during retopo. I get the same problem when playing high end games. It causes my laptop to start draining power from the battery as it can't get enough from the plugged in power.

• Contributor
On 22.03.2017 at 4:02 PM, Royston said:

It's mildly annoying having to run nvidia inspector everytime I wanna use the program and it does not seem to solve it everytime.

You don't have to start nVidia Inspector each time. Once the parameter is set, it will be remembered.

On 18.11.2016 at 10:37 PM, PolyHertz said:

Unfortunately though, that method causes massive brush lag in 3D-Coat.

That's odd. I have it set to 60 fps and have never observed any brush lag. And that's on a quite old GeForce card (GTX 660Ti).

Edited by ajz3d

• 1 year later...

A other option is adaptive vsync:
Nothing is more distracting than frame rate stuttering and screen tearing. The first tends to occur when frame rates are low, the second when frame rates are high. Adaptive VSync is a smarter way to render frames using NVIDIA Control Panel software. At high framerates, VSync is enabled to eliminate tearing. At low frame rates, it's disabled to minimize stuttering.

Adaptive vsync or normal vsync works with 3D Coat GL. But 3D Coat DX Version does not respond to vsync settings, always over 600 fps. That's why i use the GL version although i have a Geforce card.

setting.jpg

• Carlosan changed the title to Lock framerate ?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Lock framerate ?
  • 4 months later...